AR15 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they are just too nice and clean..i spend so much time cleaning and oiling them i cant imagine useing them to fight looters or chinese invaders.how long would it take to remove zombie brain matter fron a A2 stock?????

and when i see pics of soldiers in iraq with spray paint on their rifles and all scratched up and sandy i cry. am i being crazy is there any other AR owners that hate to get thier rifles dirty?????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Disclaimer: I am not an AR Owner - yet....that outta the way.
Lets say I have several hammers in a tool drawer.
*Some are decent and utilitiarian and get used for everyday stuff..
*One or two are cheap, chinese(or other) they work good but get used when I dont want to ruin my better items.
*Last you have the Corosion Resistant Titanium model with Carbon Fiber handle and precision balance (feel free to throw whatever dream features on there you wish)

If I new that my backside was on the line and there was some heavy hammerin' that had to get done to perfection - I would say to myself "thats exactly why I have that last one in the tool drawer."

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the sh*t starts to go down, I'm definitely grabbing my nice clean AR. I know it works and I know it'll kill if it needs to. Besides, I don't think your rifle's cleanliness is going to matter when you're trying to stop the zombie from eating you alive.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah...see...here's the thing. a gun is not a piece of sculpture. it is not a woman. it is not your favorite blankey. it does not need to be treated with tender, loving care per say. it is a tool. and tools are meant to be used. i'll give you an example...

i had this old dodge ram. it was a p.o.s.. i had to replace to cv joints twice in one year, and the 4x disconnect would freeze in the winter. so i sold that p.o.s. and bought a relatively new, and very clean/pretty/pristine toyota tacoma. i bought a truck (again) because i haul dirtbikes and like to go off-roading. so when i got my nice, new (to me) truck, the first thing i did was hit it with a hammer, right in the middle of the tailgate. why you ask? i'll tell you why. i did it because i didn't want to be a pussy about how i used/drove my new truck. i wanted to get over that "first scratch" hump, and do it on my own terms. after all, it's really just a tool for getting a job done...

now the truck is a little uglier than when i got it, but it's alot more fun than a driveway queen. it has never let me down, just like i hope my ar won't. a bump or scratch here and there just gives the item (truck, gun, whatever) some character :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know man, it's hard to mistreat them. They're just so dang pretty! :D

But I guarantee when the BG with a Remington 700 .30-06 at 100yds has me and my family pinned with little cover, he's not gonna care if I shoot at him with my XD because he could probably shoot my trigger finger clean off before I got one bullet to land within 20 feet of him. If I have to completely destroy my AR to get this guy, I will do it without thought.

I seriously doubt (and hope!) that I will ever encounter a scenario like this, but you know what they say, "Better to have and not need, than to need and not have."

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guns are two things to me an neither of them prohibit me from shooting them.

first and fore most it a tool for survival
second it is an investment. its always nice to have something lying around that if such an occasion should arise i can unload and get some quick cash

they are nothing more i love my guns but there is not a single one of them that i can not replace in the amount of time that it take me to drive to my local gun shop, of if i choose to be a little more patient on one of the gun boards.

i just ordered 2 of the $550 ARs not sure if i am going to keep both or not i know one of them will go to the range get tested for reliability and most likely go straight to the trunk of my car and sit next to my mossy 590 just in case i should ever need it. the other will either get sold or become a full time range gun or possibly traded for something else or maybe turned in to a project rifle. not sure just yet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they are just too nice and clean..i spend so much time cleaning and oiling them i cant imagine useing them to fight looters or chinese invaders.how long would it take to remove zombie brain matter fron a A2 stock?????

and when i see pics of soldiers in iraq with spray paint on their rifles and all scratched up and sandy i cry. am i being crazy is there any other AR owners that hate to get thier rifles dirty?????
So buy two of them. One for SHTF, and one can be your pretty little safe queen. :razz:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they are just too nice and clean..i spend so much time cleaning and oiling them i cant imagine using them to fight looters or Chinese invaders.how long would it take to remove zombie brain matter from a A2 stock?????

and when i see pics of soldiers in Iraq with spray paint on their rifles and all scratched up and sandy i cry. am i being crazy is there any other AR owners that hate to get their rifles dirty?????
Real guns really get used. They don't get used only at the range. They don't just sit in the safe. The get real scratches, real scuffs and real dirty. Then they should be cleaned really well.

When I see someone with a pretty little safe queen at the range, I just have to laugh a little. If I see a guy at the range and his weapon has rust all over it and it looks like he left it under his truck all winter, I get disgusted. If I see someone with a gun that has a little wear and tear on it, I think this guy like to use his guns for more than a show piece. But, when I see a guy with wear and tear on a perfectly maintained weapon, that's the guy I can really respect. He uses and cares for his weapons like he should.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i know i know i know..bit its still hard..so i guess i need to go take my AR and XD and go throw them around the driveway for that lived in look..lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i know i know i know..bit its still hard..so i guess i need to go take my AR and XD and go throw them around the driveway for that lived in look..lol
No. Don't do that. Just use them and don't sweat a few scratches or dings. That's what happens when you use a weapon. My XD has quite a bit of holster wear and a few nicks in the frame from where it has bumped into stuff.

It just adds character.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts