AR15 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Superior Arms Lowers...ever heard of then...good?...bad?...anyone??....seems like a good lower but i dunno really what i'mk talkin bout...:mrgreen:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have heard decent things about them and are fairly popular with the DIY AR group. I do not own, or have ever assembled one though.

DPMS and BM are all I have experience with.

How is thay for a non-value add reply? :mrgreen:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a stag.

Here is the truth... find the cheapest one you can and get it.

All (as far as I know) stripped lowers are milspec, thus they are all the same. So why pay more for the same thing... Unless you realy like ones logo over another.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I read some thread that the major brands all came from one of four different manufacturers. I picked on how clean it was made and the finish. Not by brand. My choices were CMMG, Stag, Spikes and DPMS. I ended up with the CMMG.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I chose the CMMG over the Stag due to a slightly smoother finish. The finish on the Stag was more of a matte finish. Can't speak for any of the others.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My two cents after doing the same thing you are now doing . . . .

Look at (in order of listing):

1) MEGA
2) Lewis Machine & Tool
3) CMMG
4) Stag

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
from my research..they are all the same. (unless they are billet)

im personally buying a POF USA Gen II lower(billet, built in trigger guard).

my local gun shop has dpms, and superior arm's in stock...id choose dpms if i wasnt set on a POF.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I chose the CMMG over the Stag due to a slightly smoother finish. The finish on the Stag was more of a matte finish. Can't speak for any of the others.
Yup, I have a CMMG lower and my buddy has a Stag and it's exactly as you described. CMMG is a more shiney finish, while Stag is more matte.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did a small group buy with superior arms lowers. Roll marks are pretty weak and it made reading the SN a little difficult. The overtravel screw is a good design and works pretty well. A plus if you're running a regular trigger. Servers no purpose if you're running a 2-stage trigger. Got them for $95 each, shipped and FFL fees included. A deal considering shipping and FFL transfer prices here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts