AR15 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always had at least one gun in the past 20 years (counting the 22LR's that were taller than me at the time), but the last 3 years has been crazy for me as I have invested a lot.

Once my IOR scope comes home for my SuperSass, that is it for me. I am just gonna reload and shoot now and not buy anything new.

Gonna put more effort on the house and try to get back into motorcycle racing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have always had at least one gun in the past 20 years (counting the 22LR's that were taller than me at the time), but the last 3 years has been crazy for me as I have invested a lot.

Once my IOR scope comes home for my SuperSass, that is it for me. I am just gonna reload and shoot now and not buy anything new.

Gonna put more effort on the house and try to get back into motorcycle racing.
You might as well sell them all then, and give up your man card.
Never buying another gun:shock:....I doubt it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In hindsight . . . . I wish I would have spent the last 5 yrs putting my cash into stockpiling ammo . . . .

Slugger

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In hindsight . . . . I wish I would have spent the last 5 yrs putting my cash into stockpiling ammo . . . .

Slugger
Yeah...that's what ALL of us SHOULD have been doing! i know some folks who actually have been doing just that...

I went through a period of 6+ years (2000-2006) where my net number of guns was -1, with very little activity, other than shooting.

I've picked it up quite a bit over the past year...trying hard to make up for the slow years! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've managed to split my funds between my current hobby and my house. While I was dumping money into my car, I was still doing upgrade projects on the house. Now that the car has taken a backseat to guns, the house is still getting a project or two once in a while.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First time in a gun forum I've read the word IOR. Man..... whats up with that. I picked one up once in my life offered the guy 200 for it, got turned down (on top of a 20" match grade AR15 for 915, didn't have the money for the rifle) and have been obsessed ever since.

Can I get a brief review?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm starting a build this week (hopefully a sbr). I think my wife will cure my disease for me after this. :sad:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am just looking to do other things. Guns are getting somewhat boring for me now. I have to say the gun forums and the intraweb arguments are exciting though :cool:

I am not going to get out of guns entirely, just cut down on range time to one weekend a month. Also plan to stop buying gun stuff other than reloading components, tools, and parts when/if the gun breaks.

Problem with me is I have too many hobbies, at one time or another I have seriously been into Mtn Biking Racing, MX racing, Motorcycle Roadracing, Golfing, and Snowboarding. These are all really fun but due to my work schedule I have had to put all of these on the back seat, which is kinda a shame really because they all are fun. Also I want to vacation more, and I am not talking about the usual trips to Hawaii or Colorado, but to far away places such as Bali or Africa or something like that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There's no cure for BRD...it's just entered lysogeny :)

It will pop back into the lytic cycle before too long.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cure? Yea right. Your enthusiam for rifles will make you browse gun websites, and you will inevitably see something you like....... Which will cause a full blown relapse.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts