AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a bushmaster and a RRA, whitch i had bought before i had learned about LMT and colt and stakeing my key and H buffer springs and yada yada yada..now i feel ill be undergunned when the SHTF ...ive had no problems out of either rifle but now im worried about it..tell me im just crazy.......:(

and i have a LMT lower on order so i will only feel defenseless for alittle while more..:p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I sincerely doubt you will have any problems with either of those fine AR's. If you do your part and keep up the maintenance and take care of your mags, they will be fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a bushmaster and a RRA, whitch i had bought before i had learned about LMT and colt and stakeing my key and H buffer springs and yada yada yada..now i feel ill be undergunned when the SHTF ...ive had no problems out of either rifle but now im worried about it..tell me im just crazy.......:(

and i have a LMT lower on order so i will only feel defenseless for alittle while more..:p
Ugh... You're screwed man. I don't know how to tell this, but you're straight up fubar-ed. The Bushmaster and RRA are such crap weapons that they're actually worse than being unarmed. They're actually a serious liability and you're endangering your life by just owning them.

I'll tell you what. I'm always willing to help a brother out, so I won't charge you for alleviating your dangerous position by allowing you to send me both rifles.

Damn... I can't believe that I'm actually willing to do this, but if it will help out a fellow XD-Talk member, I guess I'll take the risk.

PM me for details on how to get the rifles to me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now if you said you have some Olympic Arms ARs I would be worried.

:mrgreen:

Any AR that works and is maintained correctly should be good.

Just think when the Colt guys are looking for large pins to replace their broken triggers we'll still be shooting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Given how much I shoot and abuse both my RRA's and the Bushy/Stag franken AR .. I don't see where you really have an issue other than brand name and roll mark envy.

While many here are very concerned about wee bitty issues, those of us who use and train to use our weapons in a practical and realistic manner know how our weapons will perform.

Unless you're suddenly overwhelmed with Jihadi's, Zombies or taking on the entire local National Guard Division.. you are far from unlikely to even come close to a point that you will have stressed out your AR all the way to absolute failure.

If you're worried about SHTF .. well define those potential situations for yourself (your's will be different from mine, Nikons or most anyone else not in your immediate geographical area) and really think about what you're saying here.

Sure if you are going to pull a Branch Dividian kinda dumb ass stunt then you might want to spend more on spare parts, ammo and MOPP gear, but if you're looking at needing the weapon to hunt, provide self and family defense.. don't get your self worked up up about a fricken brand name.

Do the weapons work for you? Have you taken the time and self responsibility to get proper and current, persistent training? Worry more about that stuff than what roll mark or brand name is hanging off your magwell. You'll learn more about yourself, personal ability and reliability of your chosen weapon through hard training and use than you will reading what dumb asses like me write.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you're seriously worried about not being able to put rounds into someone when it counts, you could always get an AK-47. :twisted: Everyone should have at least one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you're seriously worried about not being able to put rounds into someone when it counts, you could always get an AK-47. :twisted: Everyone should have at least one.
Yeah I really should get an AK, Im just an AR kinda' guy at heart though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those are all horrible rifles. I suggest you send them to me immediately as to not endanger yourself. I will properly dispose of them and any and all ammo.

:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While LMT's, Colts, and Noveske rifles may be desirable, as Ive mentioned a quality SHTF rifle can be put together just by using a few select quality parts, and adding a stake or two here and there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the chart is what got me so worried...colt and lmt on one side and rra and busshie on the other..and no olys im new to Ar's not retarded:p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now if you said you have some Olympic Arms ARs I would be worried.

:mrgreen:

Any AR that works and is maintained correctly should be good.

Just think when the Colt guys are looking for large pins to replace their broken triggers we'll still be shooting.
Do you say this about Oly Arms from experience? or are you just passing on what you have heard?. I have an Oly that has gone bang each and everytime I have pulled the trigger (with rounds in the chamber). I do not feel outgunned with it or my Mini-14

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
.im keepinng the bushy for a trunkgun..and makeing the RRA a tactical rifle for reaching out for those long shots....my LMT lower is in the mail and will pick up the upper hopefully by the end of the year so i guess im ok till then.....

watch the zombies rise up before then..just my frakking luck:mad:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i would say you are more then ok with 2 rifles.
also i would have to say that the majority of problems with ar-15's are caused by problems with the mags.
so get yourself a few good mags with magpul anti-tilt folowers and you should be fine

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
.im keepinng the bushy for a trunkgun..and makeing the RRA a tactical rifle for reaching out for those long shots....my LMT lower is in the mail and will pick up the upper hopefully by the end of the year so i guess im ok till then.....

watch the zombies rise up before then..just my frakking luck:mad:
well you gave 2 ar-15s and a third on the way so your luck cant be that bad

1 - 20 of 40 Posts