AR15 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hot Dayum! Poor guy's gun blows up in his face. I feel so guilty for laughing!
BAD ---> Bree <--- BAD
:eek::eek::eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doesn't instill any confidence in my AR15.

So what exactly happened here?
I saw this a long time ago.

Someone gave him some (apparently bad) reloads a friend made if you listen to them talking.

He should've took the hint before the gun kaboomed. He only had like 3 or 4 chances before that. He should've had more sense.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've seen this before and from what I recall he was shooting reloads that were probably :rolleyes: not loaded correctly. Notice how the guy says "I didn't load these...Brian(?) did" in response to "Jesus Scott, you don't know how to load these things. I guess Brian fudged up a little:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This was under the vid
This guys gets a few miss fires and it looks like had a round lodged in the barrel. When he fires again all the energy goes through the receiver and out the mag well, destroying his magazine and shaking him up a bit.

Looks like he fired when there was a round already lodged in the barrel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Doesn't instill any confidence in my AR15.

So what exactly happened here?
squib.

probably with no powder. the primer just barely pushed the bullet into the bbl.

that stuck bullet.....was keeping the next round from seating all the way, and keeping the bolt from going into battery. but every time he ejected and pounded a new round in, it was seating further and further....until it finally seated enough to go into battery, fire, and explode.

that is what it seemed like to me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was just fixing to say the same thing ARin. I figured that it was the same thing. I'm still not sure that the bolt was fully in battery when it finally did fire. I'm not really familiar with the tolerances for AR's and if they'll fire somewhat out of battery. The way that thing blew up though and it looked like around the bolt area, I wanna say that it wasn't totally in battery.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ditto shotty reloads will do that so will some of the crap surplus that came in a few years ago namely NATO spec Santa Barbera "Spanish" with the year 94 on the base of the brass. I saw a DPMS detonate in like fashion with that crap.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had that happen to me several years ago with some Federal ammo. I know for a fact that the round immediately proceeding the kaboom hit it's target (a pumpkin and I saw the hit). I ended up with a stipled chin from the gas shooting back through the weapon, a piece of gun lodged just under my collar bone, and a piece of gun lodged in my left forearm. Scarred the ever living crap out of me. After several phone calls back and forth to Federal and a letter they ended up paying for the repair of my AR.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts