AR15 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IF: part 1

Money wasn't an issue, and you could buy only one AR15, and add all the accessories you wanted, what brand would you choose and what accessories.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If:
I would get a class III registered M-16 lower with M-4 stock and a shorty upper or HK upper!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Part 2

OK I see if money wasn't an issue that high dollar, big name gets the nod.

NOW......

If money WAS an issue, and you can only have ONE AR, what would it be and what accessories would you buy ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any RRA. Superb fit and finish, incredible accuracy. Best one in my lot of seven.

JMTC.

Fyr

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IF: part 1

Money wasn't an issue, and you could buy only one AR15, and add all the accessories you wanted, what brand would you choose and what accessories.

Well you say AR15....so that takes out the class 3 stuff:(

I guess I would get a colt - I might as well see what all the fuss is about:rolleyes: I would probably go with the 14.5" + $200 tax with a ACOG with the little red dot sight on top of it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, then it would be this.
J&T Distributing M4 config upper.
Eagle Arms (By Armalite) lower.
I built this for somewhere around $700, then added another several hundred in furniture and optic set up.
It has given me thousands of trouble free rounds...I can trust this rifle!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well if money were not an issue then something along the lines of a LWRC or POF .. if money were an issue.. POF or LWRC.

Optic, I'd have to say a NifghtForce 1-4x Short Dot on the high end, and an IOR 1-4 on the low end.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm gonna say a legit SPR with select fire capabilities and a suppressor (or no select fir if just AR-15). Long enough to get some really good accuracy, short enough to get up close if need be. Accessories for it: Leupold Mark 4 4.5-15x50 scope w/ LaRue mount, Harris bi-pod, Surefire M951, some sort of Aimpoint/Eotech to throw on if it had to be used up close, and a semi trailer load of Black Hills 77 grain .223 ammo.

For some reason, I've been on a real kick to get one of these bad boys.

ETA, didn't see part 2
Part 2

OK I see if money wasn't an issue that high dollar, big name gets the nod.

NOW......

If money WAS an issue, and you can only have ONE AR, what would it be and what accessories would you buy ?
It would be the one I've got now. Mid-length carbine with a bolt on bottom rail, VFG, Surefire M951, collapsible stock and an Aimpoint (or fake aimpoint).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OMG yes!

just like you posted, except with the 9.25" barrel.

EOTECH, small simple BUIS, all the Ambi-parts, big tactical latch, hydraulic recoil system... light/laser combo, folding vertical grip....

mmmmm... drooling.... :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In either question, the answer is the same because the only part of both question is "You can only have one"...

IF, and this is a BIG IF, I could only have one, I would go with whatever was closest to military issue, which I believe is currently a colt M4 Carbine. Money being an object or not, if for whatever reason I could "only buy one" I would buy the most reliable and best tested item, and I can't imagine anyone has anything negative to say about the colt (other than the cost).

EOTech would be a nice accessory too!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts