AR15 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had a Jp trigger system in my last Bushmaster, It is a class trigger system but expensive. I would imagine that just doing the springs would be a good improvement.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess "expensive" is in the eyes of the expender. I have about $140 in my JP trigger/hammer combo. After a few thousand rounds, experienced some doubling. Trigger pull weight was around 2#. Mr. JP, himself, advised me to go with the factory Bushy hammer spring, which I did, and I'm muy happy, after a few thousand more rounds. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess "expensive" is in the eyes of the expender. I have about $140 in my JP trigger/hammer combo. After a few thousand rounds, experienced some doubling. Trigger pull weight was around 2#. Mr. JP, himself, advised me to go with the factory Bushy hammer spring, which I did, and I'm muy happy, after a few thousand more rounds. :)
I had quite a bit more than that in mine with the speed hammer springs and trigger, anti walk pins it ran about $230 mine was the 3.5lb set up and I never had a problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had quite a bit more than that in mine with the speed hammer springs and trigger, anti walk pins it ran about $230 mine was the 3.5lb set up and I never had a problem.

Maybe the price has just gone up a lot since I installed the JP trigger/hammer combo in my Bushy. It's been several years, and I bought the parts through Brownell's, with my trade discount. I didn't buy any anti-walk pins, as I've never had walking pins. :wink:

I checked the trigger pull many times, using an RCBS Premium Trigger Pull Scale. Never has pulled over 3#!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe the price has just gone up a lot since I installed the JP trigger/hammer combo in my Bushy. It's been several years, and I bought the parts through Brownell's, with my trade discount. I didn't buy any anti-walk pins, as I've never had walking pins. :wink:

I checked the trigger pull many times, using an RCBS Premium Trigger Pull Scale. Never has pulled over 3#!
Mine was the 3.5 lb kit and when I tested it it never varied more than a ounce eiter way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All depends on what you want. A bend in the stock springs will work, but if you want an awesome trigger, install all the JP trigger components. All of mine run flawless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts