AR15 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my 1st lower together ... yay!

Question:
After I installed the safety selector, detent, spring and grip I noticed that the selector seemed to be too easy to move for comfort. Is there any way to tighten it up?

I know that the detent is in the right way and I'm pretty sure i used the right spring... but now I'm wondering if I should check and make sure I didn't mix it up with the rear take down detent spring. (I used the thicker of the two springs for the safety selector)

How could I tell?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Take it back apart, and double check....make sure the point on the detent goes in first. What part kit did you use?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I just got my 1st lower together ... yay!

Question:
After I installed the safety selector, detent, spring and grip I noticed that the selector seemed to be too easy to move for comfort. Is there any way to tighten it up?

I know that the detent is in the right way and I'm pretty sure i used the right spring... but now I'm wondering if I should check and make sure I didn't mix it up with the rear take down detent spring. (I used the thicker of the two springs for the safety selector)

How could I tell?
Wrong spring. The thinner of the two is for the safety selector.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Building another AR? Should you be buying pampers?
Yeah man, don't remind me. I'm trying to get all of my toys out of the way before the baby comes. I'm sure my family will donate plenty of pampers though. Just wish I could snatch up a Sig P6 before they all dry up.

As the late biggie would say... " Its all good baby baaabay ".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah man, don't remind me. I'm trying to get all of my toys out of the way before the baby comes. I'm sure my family will donate plenty of pampers though. Just wish I could snatch up a Sig P6 before they all dry up.

As the late biggie would say... " Its all good baby baaabay ".
Man you are a trip. Someone posted about stuffing 13 rounds and their 12 round mag and I was thinking of that line Biggie said in "Somebodys got to die" where he said "Dont fill them clips too high give them bullets room to breathe"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have a kit at home waiting to be built... my question is can the selector be flipped so its easy for a lefty or does it only go on that one side?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, I swapped out the spring and that seemed to fix it... Thanks for posting that pic!
Now all I need is an upper... I'm thinking about getting a CMMG M4 16"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my question is can the selector be flipped so its easy for a lefty or does it only go on that one side?
If you need an ambi selector, just buy a regular one from Olympic. They're cheaper than the one linked above and are in fact milled for ambi use.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys, I swapped out the spring and that seemed to fix it... Thanks for posting that pic!
Now all I need is an upper... I'm thinking about getting a CMMG M4 16"
i have a cmmg 18" SPR and i love it. the only problems i have had are mag related or ones i caused but as far as the gun goes it is great and my next ar will also be a cmmg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts