AR15 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all!! Just want to show off my 1st purchased of the year LAR10 , DPMS .308 ,24in stainless barrel and i installed a BSA 6x24x40..I just thought I'll get back on shooting long ranges again..here she is..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone want to take bets on how long it takes Vikz to trade it on something else? :)

Just giving you a hard time bro :) Let us know how it does.. and what was the final price if you don't mind me asking..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the price tag was 1099 but ofcourse i did some trades and i ended up forking 29.99:D:mrgreen: and my dealer always gaves me atleast $20 to$ 30 off the price tag..And i will probably keep her becs I want to do some competion shooting in the future, yes bolt action might be more accurate but for what I've been reading this rifle can be very accurate so i guess i just have to find out..
Anyone want to take bets on how long it takes Vikz to trade it on something else? :)

Just giving you a hard time bro :) Let us know how it does.. and what was the final price if you don't mind me asking..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys shot my dpms yesterday after installing a new scope rings and here is the results..all shots at 50yds with 150gr bullets, the hits in the middles was my last 6 shots..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vikz, beautiful rifle, I considered one for a while before I started on my current build. Do you have much experience shooting "big bore" rifles? What kind of ammunition were you shooting exactly? How were you shooting, supported, unsupported, rested, etc? Did you happen to have the barrel rested on anything? I have seen friends from other forums with the same rifle that were putting up some really nice groups at 100 yards from bipods and rests. I'm just asking because I personally believe that the rifle is probably capable of shooting better groups than that with the right ammunition. Definately not bad shooting, but I just want you to be able to shoot your best, or help in any way that I can to help get you there. If you were shooting offhand or something like that, then that's nice shooting, otherwise, maybe we can help tune those groups down a little.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tom thanks, I was using a rest and my ammo was 150gr federal, i would say I'm new to rifle shooting but have owned and shot some 308s so i think i'm still a newbie at this..I agree the rifle is very capable of better groupings in the hands of the an experience shooter..I want to enter some local f class competion so any tips would be great..Yes i know i need a better scope but right now thats all i can afford..note to self stop buying handguns;);)
Vikz, beautiful rifle, I considered one for a while before I started on my current build. Do you have much experience shooting "big bore" rifles? What kind of ammunition were you shooting exactly? How were you shooting, supported, unsupported, rested, etc? Did you happen to have the barrel rested on anything? I have seen friends from other forums with the same rifle that were putting up some really nice groups at 100 yards from bipods and rests. I'm just asking because I personally believe that the rifle is probably capable of shooting better groups than that with the right ammunition. Definately not bad shooting, but I just want you to be able to shoot your best, or help in any way that I can to help get you there. If you were shooting offhand or something like that, then that's nice shooting, otherwise, maybe we can help tune those groups down a little.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you're somewhat new to shooting rifles buddy, those are very respectable groups. I know lots of hunters who can't put 6 bullets in the space you did with those last 6. Don't worry, better groups will come with a bit more trigger time and proper practice. We can get more into practice etc with rifles later, I don't want to hijack the thread. I've been thinking about making a thread specifically for it, I know we have some members new to rifle shooting, and some that have been shooting them for decades. I'm sure all the experienced shooters will chime in with their suggestions and others might ask questions. I'd encourage you to go to competitions and sit down and talk with some of the guys if they're willing to talk to you. There's not many of those competitions around here, but everybody tells me that the guys are VERY nice and always willing to help you out in any way that they can. If that's the scope that you can afford right now, I'd say you can do worse man. One of my friends has that EXACT same same on one of his .22-250 AI's, and he won't take it off. He has some leuy's around, and others, but that scope hasn't failed him yet. Sure you can purchase better glass, etc, but it works just fine. I have zeroed that rifle for him before, and it would dial the box every single time, and it has held up to the recoil. Right now, at 100 yards, I think you'll be fine just spending the money you might spend on a scope on some range time, so you can practice. After you get where you can shoot even tighter groups, then look at some different glass later, it might fit better in your budget then. Take care and holler if you ever need anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts