AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was set on a cheaper build and was going to pick up a stag upper and lower but it seems everyones praiseing colt and lmt and yada yada yada so i figured instead of my original plan of 2 stags id spend the extra and get an lmt..someone tell me they are worth it or am i buying just a name??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't shot one yet, but they seem to have a devoted following. The company is full of guys who know their stuff pretty well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
opinions are like A$$holes everyone has one.

Bush, stag, lmt are all going to be good quality.

who cares what flavor of koolaid everyone else is drinking. buy what you want and be happy with it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll take 2 STAG's over a single LMT weapon every day of the week. LMT is a good company, don't mistake that. But get what you're comfortable.. hell if you're going to up the ante that much, just get the Colt. While I'm not on the Colt band wagon, the salient point was that Colt's retain their value more than just about any other production weapon.

Still, where I could have two weapons and configure them for different roles verses one.. well you have to decide where your money is best spent.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was set on a cheaper build and was going to pick up a stag upper and lower but it seems everyones praiseing colt and lmt and yada yada yada so i figured instead of my original plan of 2 stags id spend the extra and get an lmt..someone tell me they are worth it or am i buying just a name??
Good call, join me on the LMT worshipping.:mrgreen:

Truly, you get what you pay for with LMT. I love mine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can't go wrong with LMT. Not just that but you will be up with the latest styles. LMT and Colt are considered among the best. I almost got into the LMT kool aid myself, but then thought I would buy an XCR instead.

LMT is very much in style these days and is the latest fashion statement.

I myself have only 2 AR's, both Bushmasters, I know they are not the latest fashion statement, but both has served me well. They shoot Wolf almost exlusively and without hiccups. Both are all I could really ask for in a gun..... But my next AR is going to be a LMT or Colt.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Colt and LMT are both top quality. I've shot an LMT, and it performed flawlessly. But so did the three Bushmasters I shot that day. LMT and Colt will hold their value the best, but then again, I'm not planning on selling my gun. I've got other things to sell first if it comes to that. My RRA functions just as good, and if on the off chance that something breaks (I'll probably be hit by a meteor first), I'll enjoy breaking my rifle down and fixing it. I'm not gonna pay $1200 for a rifle that does the same as my RRA. I saved that money and bought an ACOG with Docter. IMO, that's a better deal. A Stag will work fine, just break it down and look at the BCG to make sure it's staked right.

Unless you're using your rifle every day, you probably won't put enough wear and tear on it to break something that you can't fix very easily. Buy the Stag, don't drink anyones Kool-Aid (except the anti-Olympic Arms stuff), and enjoy two rifles for the price of another one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Whisssh! wiping the sweat off me brow...
for a minute or so I thought that I had
really screwed up by owning three Bushies.

Now I feel safe. :)

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Whisssh! wiping the sweat off me brow...
for a minute or so I thought that I had
really screwed up by owning three Bushies.

Now I feel safe. :)

Ed
well Bushmasters are for boring people. You know people that actually go to the range, use and abuse their guns. :p

LMT's may be just reliable as Bushmaster, but they definately make better safe queens and they have all the latest stuff that make it in fashion these days, you know staked gas keys, M4 feedramps, 1/7 twist barrel, etc :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
+1 - Stag + Optics for the same price. Those LMT's might as well come with an Armani or Gucci camo job for those prices...

IMHO it's money better spent on other guns or accessories rather than an overkill build, but Spend your money on whatever floats your boat & you feel will ultimately make you happy. To be honest, after spending way more than I should have on an AR, my friend's sub-800 bushy performs exactly the same.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You must consider the source and the people that agree with those statements and factor that into your decision. When highly qualified people talk about a subject, I tend to listen to their advise.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll add my .02. I was going to buy one from a very reputable dealer mentioned here and on arfcom. However, he said he has to send more of the LMT's back for work than he does RRA, which is what I ended up getting and love it. Take it for what it's worth, but thought I would just throw that out there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll add my .02. I was going to buy one from a very reputable dealer mentioned here and on arfcom. However, he said he has to send more of the LMT's back for work than he does RRA, which is what I ended up getting and love it. Take it for what it's worth, but thought I would just throw that out there.
Won't these guys send it to LMT directly? Why would they go through him? Then he would have to deal with shipping and all that jaz. Sounds kinda fishy to me.

I have read LMT, Colt, RRA, and Bushmaster problems here and there, but overall the owners of all these weapons tend to be very satisfied with their purchases. Even the Olympic owners I have met in real life are happy with their purchase. So by someone saying "he has returned a lot more LMT than RRA" will not stop me from buying LMT. I know RRA's are nice but I would never buy one. I don't like the Wylde chamber, their barrels are not marked, and you don't know if the RRA you are holding has a chrome lined barrel or not.

I trust a lot more people on the Internet then real life. In real life I only know a few people that shoot as much as I do, where as the internet there are thousands of guys who shoot more than I do. You get to know who the reputable guys online are... and their experiences. I even met a couple of these online guys in person.

BTW: I know one friend in real life, who is convice that Colts are overpriced junk. Ofcourse this guy is very reputable and very knowledgeable about guns so I really don't question him a lot.. but his opinions on Colt will not stop me from getting a Colt in the future.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It was surprising to me as well. I didn't question him on it as I am not as knowledgeable as he is. I just left it at that. However, he could have told me they are the greatest thing since sliced bread and sold me one making more money for him. I am not saying I agree or disagree, just passing on what he told me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It was surprising to me as well. I didn't question him on it as I am not as knowledgeable as he is. I just left it at that. However, he could have told me they are the greatest thing since sliced bread and sold me one making more money for him. I am not saying I agree or disagree, just passing on what he told me.
Theres a higher profit margin on RRA. So of course hes gonna push it over LMT and make up stories.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What no chart?

You disappoint...

:rolleyes:

BTW, I just picked up an Oly K3B-M4 with the ACE stock and flip up iron sights on a flat top receiver.

The gas key is properly staked, full M4 feed ramps. The bolt is the newer type with extra around the firing pin. It is not marked MP. There are marking on the bolt and carrier that look like a "Y" with a circle around it, or a peace sign if you look at 180 degrees the other way. Any idea whos mark that is? The OLYs I have had in the past did not have these markings on the bolt.carrier?

On a serious note. I build my SBR on an LMT lower. It has the nicest finish on an AR I have seen. Put about 5k rounds and no trouble yet. The upper is a flat top with the T numbers. (No a name brand upper receiver). The BBL is a 14.5" Colt M4 (Heavy under the handguards).

I am guessing the reason you might have been "discouraged" about the LMT is that the dealer probably makes a better profit of the RRA vs. the LMT.

I own 3 RRA ARs and they are shiznit. No complaints.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Theres a higher profit margin on RRA. So of course hes gonna push it over LMT and make up stories.
That's true.

And to those who say buy two Stags instead of one LMT: sorry, but you can't possible build two Stags with the price of one LMT. The price difference between an assembled Stag and a LMT will not exceed $200 max.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts