AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys saw one of these yesterday and I'm planning on getting it tomorrow, anybody have any experience with them??quality wise i read they are pretty good so i might just bite the bullet no fan intended and just get it..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would say they rank right along side Colt, but since I have an LMT I might be biased a little bit.

There a a few minor details they skip that Colt takes the time to do the right way, other than that they (LMT) are right up there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There a a few minor details they skip that Colt takes the time to do the right way, other than that they (LMT) are right up there.
and there are a few other things that LMT does BETTER than Colt....
More important stuff, like their barrel Chrome lining process. So LMT gets the nod from me over colt.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well guys I just have to do it!! here is my LMT Defender 2000..and yes I got an XD compact in 45acp..i traded my DPMS and one of my FINE 1911 dont ask which one becs it hurts:sad: but its okay somethings gotta give, all in all i just added $60..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice rig you got there. You got some nice stuff on there, LMT rear site, and LMT sopmod buttstock!

As for Colt vs. LMT. If LMT was my only rifle I too would take LMT over Colt only because LMT uses the small pins so if say I lose one, or one breaks (99.99999% unlikely one could break), I can replace it with one from my parts kit. :D Also most after market triggers will not work with the Colt big pins.

But if say I did have some extra big pins, then Colt wins easily. Colt is the best for mass produced AR's for a reason. But in the end it is splitting hairs anyways, does not really matter as AR's are all basically the same.

Just shoot, clean, repeat. if parts break, replace broken part, repeat.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice rifle you got there! Looks like mine before a few additions.
I have had no issues with mine besides the fact that it eats alot of ammo.

Enjoy!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
these is very true i tried it today and i have to say it is a lot like my Rock river arms AR, i have to control myself not to use all my ammo..it was very easy to zero at 25yds using my bushnell trophy(the acog look a like)
Very nice rifle you got there! Looks like mine before a few additions.
I have had no issues with mine besides the fact that it eats alot of ammo.

Enjoy!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There was a while there Colt was letting some complete pieces of crap off the line. Since they've gone to mil/le only the quality has gone back up where it should be. That said, I'll still take an LMT over Colt if they were priced the same. For two reasons only though, I hate large pin lowers, and LMT makes a better BCG.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts