AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its time for me to buy my AR...im looking at RRA or LMT (i know everyone will say "get the LMT") ive done some reading and alot of people recommend the LMT AR's over RRA for the same price.

so where can i purchase a brand new LMT complete rifle for $1k or less? (16" M4 carbine)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, :oops:, way off. My bad!
i have been studying the ar 15 and ar 10s for a good two months now and it was definately a good three or four days of reading to sort out all the dumb names. Most of them are real marketing turds, they all pick 3 and 4 letter no meaning acronyms ... maybe not even acronyms since you cant say what they spell. They would be much better off with names like colt,Bushmaster, STAG 4 letters but atleat means something, CMMG means nothing, LWRC, LMT, DPMS, RRA blah blah blah etc. I dont know who started this trend but its a lame idea.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can buy complete from Rainier Arms.

Complet Upper is $485 (minus BCG)
Complete Lower is $330
BCG is $130

All you need is 2 fingers to put the bolt (aka BCG) in and push the pins though the upper and lower and you have a complete rifle. Also if you were to price things, you will see a complete rifle is about 10% more due to some kind of weapons tax. Better to just buy it in parts. With AR's it is not like you need any tools or effort to put everything together.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have been studying the ar 15 and ar 10s for a good two months now and it was definately a good three or four days of reading to sort out all the dumb names. Most of them are real marketing turds, they all pick 3 and 4 letter no meaning acronyms ... maybe not even acronyms since you cant say what they spell. They would be much better off with names like colt,Bushmaster, STAG 4 letters but atleat means something, CMMG means nothing, LWRC, LMT, DPMS, RRA blah blah blah etc. I dont know who started this trend but its a lame idea.

Lewis Machine & Tool
It aint no RahRA or DiP eMS

G & R Tactical has complete rifles in stock

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lewis Machine & Tool
It aint no RahRA or DiP eMS

G & R Tactical has complete rifles in stock
I know what it stands for LWRC stand for Land Warfare Resources Company. That doesn't make going by LWRC a good name. Ford is a good name ..... ford motor company abreviated to FMC sucks. I didnt mean to offend you if you have a LMT, i wasnt saying they sucked, just the dumb trend of naming the ar manufacturers in this way.

I cant think of anything else i have purchased in my life that so many products were made by folks with such confusing names. I am not dumb, i figured it out fine. The only way this is a good thing is if you make crap and people confuse your name with good stuff say like 1990s era honda compared to huyndai. Thats good for hunydai bad for honda. Trust me they are all crappy names.

I wasnt trying to say RRA, or DPMS was equal or better or a peer of LMT.

If you were looking at computers next week and there were made by DCYT, TYDC, GHJK, KJUT, FGHJ, DWRT, SDRW, DCRT, they all mean nothing. Even if you werent confused most people would be.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Complete Lower is $330
BCG is $130

All you need is 2 fingers to put the bolt (aka BCG) in and push the pins though the upper and lower and you have a complete rifle. Also if you were to price things, you will see a complete rifle is about 10% more due to some kind of weapons tax. Better to just buy it in parts. With AR's it is not like you need any tools or effort to put everything together.
Agreed, this is what I would do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
*SNIP* i wasnt saying they sucked, just the dumb trend of naming the ar manufacturers in this way.
*SNIP*
If you were looking at computers next week and there were made by DCYT, TYDC, GHJK, KJUT, FGHJ, DWRT, SDRW, DCRT, they all mean nothing. Even if you werent confused most people would be.
I think perhaps a rant on naming conventions deserves its own thread ... the AR has strong ties to the Military, who loves acronyms. I find it funny you mention the computer industry as an example ... if anything it has as much acronyms if not more than the military. ( PCI WYSIWYG CPU RAM HDD CDROM ISA PCIE the list is nearly endless! )

Its all good - have fun, relax, its only the intarweb !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks everyone.

im gonna build one by purchasing the main components like the upper, lower, and BCG....i know how easy they are to put together, i use my dad's more than he does.

gonna order my BCG this weekend, lower next weekend, and upper the weekend after. ;):D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks everyone.

im gonna build one by purchasing the main components like the upper, lower, and BCG....i know how easy they are to put together, i use my dad's more than he does.

gonna order my BCG this weekend, lower next weekend, and upper the weekend after. ;):D
Awesome ... I have a lower made by LMT with Lauer Custom Weaponry rollmark ... ( got in on the Christmas Special ) its great - I plan to get a 14.5" complete upper from G&R and have a phantom FH permattatched to it. LMT M16 BCG will come with it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks everyone.

Awesome. And wise choice too. The internet rangers seems to prefer LMT over all others (other than Colt and Noveske). When I say internet rangers it is not derogatory term either. Most of these guys are legit (such as Pat Rogers). I only call them internet rangers because I know them through the Internet. :cool:

I also recommended LMT to 2 of my friends and they are so happy with it to. Costed them about $980 with shipping and transer fee. One of them even told me it is great he gets to go to bed knowing he as one of the best.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Complete Lower is $330
BCG is $130

That is how I bought mine.
I went with the LMT enhanced bcg but really the standard would have been just fine. I like the chrome bolt and wanted to see how much better it would hold up compared to my Bushmaster bcg. To date both have run flawless for me.

John at Rainier is great to deal with, send him an email if you have any questions.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts