AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
19 bucks a pop. They better start putting up youtube vids quick if they want me to pay that kind of money.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These look very promising. Price of $19 each means you are paying a $10 premium just to know how many rounds you have left
Might be worth it though as having the ability to always know how many rounds you have left is big plus and is why I always liked clear Butler Creek 30 round mags for the Ruger 10/22.

I also like how these have steel feed lips and plastic. I was never sold on the Pmags plastic lips, and figured over time they would probably wear just like the lips on the Orolite and Thermold mags, both these mags kick ass when you first use them, but over time the plastic lips wore down making the mag inoperable.

For 10/22's, you pay a premium for good steel lipped magazines because the steel lipped ones last forever. Cheap plastic lipped 10/22 mags will see the garbage can in a couple of years. Also kinda dumb that Pmags you need a cover for the mag to protect the feed lip when not in use. I see there is no "protective cover" for these.

These are a good alternative to PMags and gives us another choice. PMags are on Gen2 already who knows if all the bugs were worked out. Since these uses green USGI followers, that means they are compatible with Magpul followers.

The cheapest I have seen for steel lipped, 30 round, translucent Butler Creek mags go for is $24 (and as high as $32), so that means at $19 these are somewhat of a bargain.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see. I have no experience with poly AR mags other than MAGPUL's. We'll have to see all the private youtube videos speak a lot about the PMAG's durability. I hope we get to see some similar videos of this mag in action.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Neither the Green GI, nor the Orange MagPul followers will fit the Lancer Magazine Body.
Seems it won't fit BUT

Because the Lancer Magazine Follower is patterned off of the Green GI one, I decided to see if I could mod an Orange MagPul to fit the Lancer Systems magazine body, and still have the magazine work. After taking and writing down a bunch of measurements, it turned out to be quite easy to mod the MagPul to fit the Lancer Magazine Body.
Looks like it may only take a little work to make the fit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Has anyone here drilled a small hole in the back of their mags to serve as an indicator like the xd mags and almost every other pistol mag?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i wouldnt recommend doing that because that would expose the internals magazine internals to dirt and grime. On a pistol the holes are inside the grip durign operation so its ok there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I ordered a couple of them, we'll see how they do once I get them. I'm far from a hard user though...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts