M16/AR15 Colt conversion kit parts | AR15 Forums

M16/AR15 Colt conversion kit parts

Discussion in 'AR Talk' started by gunnerm1a, Aug 17, 2007.

1. gunnerm1a

gunnerm1a Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have sent this Email to a whole lot of parts people, no luck. I contacted Colt, absolutly no help (I'm not a government contractor). The boys have been shooting the snot out of this and it's cheap. I'm afraid I'll have to buy another kit for the AR's. I have been checking with Ceiner, but he is hard to get answers from. Anybody else making conversion kits? Anyone have ideas?

"I am in need of the right side extractor and spring
    and pin for Colt .22LR conversion for the AR15/M16.
    Do you have also parts diagram for the Colt .22LR
    conversion for the AR15/M16? I think I have it right,
    but I would like to make sure I do have the correct
    nomenclature"

Thanks Rick

2. ABNINF

ABNINF Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bushmaster and DPMS both make .22 conversion kits for the AR. I'm unsure of the price, but Midway carries them as does Brownell's.

3. gunnerm1a

gunnerm1a Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the reply and help. I talked w/ BM and DPMS both are no longer carrying Ceiner's. Both gave the same reason, lack of communition with the supplier. Brownell's looks to be out of stock. I may have to find a close part and do some fitting.

4. ABNINF

ABNINF Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  5. gunnerm1a

gunnerm1a Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for trying! I went there and saw this:

We're sorry, but this product is currently not available. This was a one-time special purchase.
    I'm bad luck on these things. If I was a machinist I'd set up to build one and market it myself.
    I may do the research in the US Pat. Office to see if Colt has the Pat .on their old one or not. Sounds like a winter snow day project. ;+**

6. Marty369

Marty369 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Post it on ARF.com. Those guys are always talking about shooting .22 kits, especially the full auto guys. They'll have an answer for you I'm sure.

7. leid

leid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rick,
    I have used a Ciener kit since 2000 and it has proven to be a very useful tool. When doing animal control at night, State Fish & Game requires the use of a non-magnum .22 cal rimfire. To keep it humane, I use an M16A2 with the Ciener select fire kit. With a cylic rate of around1500 RPM on auto, you can humanely dispatch an animal with multiple head shots in just a fraction of a second. And Federal .22 LR ammo has grouped very well for me when fired out of a 1x12 or 1x9 twist barrel. The Ciener kit is designed to use HV ammo, but mine works just fine using a suppressor & subsonic CCI loads when I need to keep it quiet. The bullets impacting the target are the loudest sound made when using that combo.
    Here is a link to info that may turn up some parts for your obsolete Colt kit:http:http://www.fulton-armory.com/AR15-22.htm

Carey

Edit: I am not going to sugar-coat this so you will be prepared: Ciener is well known to be a PIA to deal with, but I have ordered spare parts to maintain their conversion kit and they arrived within a reasonable amount of time. In my experience, dry firing the kit tends to break the firing pins. I think I have broken 3 FPs in 7 years, so I purchased a few extras and don't dryfire at all. AFTER unloading the weapon, pull the charging handle to the rear, pull the trigger and ride the charging handle to let the hammer down easy. Since I started doing that, I have broken no more firing pins.