AR15 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I know this will seem odd, but I have never owned a ar and only used an m16a4 soo.... Can someone post up a picture of what an m4 feed ramp looks like and what a non m4 feed ramp looks like? thanks in advance.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, now why are m4 feed ramps better? NVM I figured it out. longer ramps, now if they get dirty though, do m4 feed ramps jam due to the place where the ramp breaks? I can definitely see them more forgiving when it comes to worn mag springs.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
From what I have read, you will mostly only see the true benefit of M4 feed ramps in a fully automatic AR.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I don't understand your "if the ramps get dirty" question, if your chamber is dirty then it is dirty. I think with the M4 feed ramps your weapon would even run more reliably dirty.

M4 feedramps are fairly new, having been around only since the mid 90's. M16's and CAR15's did not have them and even the current A4's do not have them.

I see their usefulness as the ramps extend deeper in the reciever allowing poorly fed rounds an oppurtunity to chamber correctly. They also might be a cure for bad mags too. But I am not sure they are even needed for a semi-auto weapon. But the way I see it, it is better to have then not to have.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
The biggest problem you'll ever see with M4 Feed ramps is if someone puts the standard barrel into a M4 type AR upper. You end up with a lip that stop feeds.

Hardwarz

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
ok my ar has m4 ramps and the reciver does. but they seem to be a little rough how would i go about polishing them?

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
They did a great job (AR15 Barrels) putting that together. I know I was confused until I seen that picture right up a while back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts