AR15 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any difference between the black marlube finish and the dry film finish? Which do you prefer ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a Bushie mag with the marlube finish and it feels nice and slick. It seems to take slight scratching damage without showing too badly. I think if it took a nasty fall it would show worse then the GI mags.

I have a bunch of the normal GI ones with the dry film and they feel rougher to the touch and scratch very easily. I beat the crap out of them and they still look decent because the scratches are almost the same color as the finish.

I think the black marlube mags looks better but I am not sure if there is any benefit operationally.

My TAP rounds are loaded in the nice pretty back mag in my closet though. :)

As much as I would hate to spend the money on the HK mag I am tempted to buy one just to load some HD ammo in it.

It looks menacing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I recently purchased 10 P-mags , these are my go to mags, but they are more ammo length sensitive than the C-Products mags if you reload. But with SAMMI length ammo they are flawless and alot more durable than any GI mag or even the H&K's. A really nice piece of work.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got a few marlube finish mags a few months ago when 44mag was having a sale on them, they match the AR's finish almost perfectly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts