AR15 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my AR Mag collection.
14 Hk mags

10 GI mags with Magpul followers and 6 have Magpul Ranger plates.

6 20 round GI mags and 2 Thermold 30 round mags

10 Magpul P mags with windows and 6 without.

That is 48 mags in all.
Pat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice but still not enough. I believe we will see another AWB in the not too distant future the way things are shaping up and high capacity magazines will be the first to go. Buy as many as you can afford now while you still can.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My goal is to have about 20 magazines for each of my three rifles by the next election.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know what you guys are doing with your mags but I have been beating on the same 4 GI mags at the range, 3 gun matches, and whatever else for over a year.

I drop them on the ground, slap them down on the concrete shooting benches, and occasionally drop them in the garage.

While I'm all for having a ton of mags I think it can be taken alittle overboard.

I think having a few loaded mags at home for SD, some loaded mags in an ammo can if you need to evacuate, some mags for range and match use, and a bunch of mags in reserve should be adequate.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mag Ho! I have 20 now for my AUG but usually only use 3 42's and 2 30's. One definitely needs lots of mags for any good system.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mag Ho! I have 20 now for my AUG but usually only use 3 42's and 2 30's. One definitely needs lots of mags for any good system.
I wish their were some good reliable 40 plus round AR mags. Soon I will be able to start shooting with you guys again. I got a new position where my schedule in the winter will be day shift with weekends off.
Pat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I currently have 81 AR mags. You can never have enough mags. During the last ban (1994-2004) I made a lot of money selling my excess high capacity magazines.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I only have 38 - 30rnds and 3 - 20rnds.

I have 18 - 25rnd 10/22 mags - during the dark days of the ban these were selling at gun shows for $90.00+ each. One time I paid $45.00 for one and remember thinking I got a good deal:( I also remember thinking I used to pay $8.00 for these at walmart.:(

This new ban everyone keeps talking about.......we can stop it! we must stop it! Vote the guns!!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know what you guys are doing with your mags but I have been beating on the same 4 GI mags at the range, 3 gun matches, and whatever else for over a year.

I drop them on the ground, slap them down on the concrete shooting benches, and occasionally drop them in the garage.

While I'm all for having a ton of mags I think it can be taken alittle overboard.

I think having a few loaded mags at home for SD, some loaded mags in an ammo can if you need to evacuate, some mags for range and match use, and a bunch of mags in reserve should be adequate.
I've wondered this as well. I can see having a few of something, but when you get to the double digit numbers for one gun .............. Why?
If SHTF and you need all those magazines loaded because you don't have time to reload as you shoot your way out of whatever is happening ................. Hey, you should have used that magazine money to buy a rocket launcher:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Think about this.. a common sense basic mag load for the AR is 12 mags. Add to that the fact that most of us have more than one AR and more than one AR shooter in our house holds, you start looking at double digits.

Poor me, I only have one mag to share across 3 AR's.. it's a crime, but it was more of a crime when the others went down in that ice fishing accident :)

If you are not considering your AR your primary rifle, then yeah, get what ever you want. AR's are my primary and what I train with.. I'd rather have enough mags than have to stop and reload mags in the middle of training. But I don't have enough any way you look at it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

er.............it's not about only having a few for range work ect, heck i only use 3-4 of my mags for that too but i've got 15 (i need alot more) more brand new ones sitting at home (8 loaded in a chest rig), when it hits the fan do you wanna be wishing you had more mags/loading them or doing more important things?

/thread hijack

crazy you have that many HK mags, those things are expensive!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts