AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Last cost estimate I saw was approx $1400. And yes, I'll be standing outside of their door with my favorite FFL buddy to buy it :) Already planning on the optic and a few dozen PMags just to round out the family :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figure by the time it comes out, I will have recovered from selling one of my kidneys....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ack... and I was gonna get an M14...

So many guns, so little money...

If I didnt own an AR15, I'd be standing in line for one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll be in line for one too. I've been eye-ballin' gas-piston AR's for a while now and I think this gun is going to be the BEST value compared to what is available right now. I'm not a huge fan of a mostly plastic rifle, but we've trusted tupperware pistols for years and years, and other countries have trusted tupperware rifles to their armys for years and years, why not me? :)

I'm really looking forward to this rifle. Seems like it'd be a great option for our troops too.

http://magpul.com/tech/masada.html

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Forgot to mention, I wouldn't mind being able to "swap calibers" (7.62x39, 6.8rem, 5.56x45)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes someone with some knowledge please explain the details of it. It appears to have a gas piston upper correct??

-Derek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes someone with some knowledge please explain the details of it. It appears to have a gas piston upper correct??

-Derek
Google is your freind, homey.

It's a multi-caliber, piston-operated rifle with three barrel lengths (11, 14.5, and 18 inch). It has a polymer forearm, lower, and stock. The upper is polymer with steel rails inside it, and a full length picatinny rail on top with a built in flip up front sight. The lower uses a AR15 hammer and trigger group in a metal "tub". The barrel unit (with gas system attached) is easily removed and installed. Its kind of a modular set up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you know anything about Magpul, it should be don't believe any release dates offered by the company. I love Magpul products, but they are terrible with release dates.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was either going to build an AR or save a little more and get this. It's a tough call, but I might have to. Any ideas on if they finally decided on the LEO only sales?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was either going to build an AR or save a little more and get this. It's a tough call, but I might have to. Any ideas on if they finally decided on the LEO only sales?
leo guns ship first, then us lowly civies get'em.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm terribly interested in hearing how these work out in the real world. They look extremely good on paper. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts