AR15 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

For those that haven't got to look through the glass. I got lucky with this photo, it is pretty nice glass.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Meopta MeoStar 1-4x22 with K-Dot Illuminated Reticle - Scopes and

From SDKTac.com:

"YES, THIS IS THE ONE THAT IS TAKING OVER THE 3 GUN/ACTION RIFLE SCENE. Considered by many as the poor-man's Short Dot, this scope is in many ways an excellent copy, with a 1x setting that is actually 1x. In fact, when the power setting is bottomed out, this scope seems to "de-magnify" the objects in your FOV, making them seem a tad smaller, and allowing MORE into your FOV. This high-end Czech optic brings 73 years of optical manufacturing to the table, and a proprietary cold lens coating process that allows 99.8% light transmission. The K-Dot Reticle has a 1 Min Dot with hash marks at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock. The Illumination dial has 7 settings, with OFF positions between each setting level for quick on and off. The MEOSTAR R1 comes with a CR2354 battery which provides 80 hours of continuous use at the highest illumination setting. Using the more commonly availalbe CR2032 battery yields 60 hours of continuous use at the highest illumination setting. "

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dear God it has a 700 dollar price tag. I almost spit my tea out when I saw that.

It's nice but a Millet does the same thing and for a little more you can get an ACOG. Heck you can get an ACOG over on the EE for less than that.

Other than the price tag I think it's pretty nice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dear God it has a 700 dollar price tag. I almost spit my tea out when I saw that.

It's nice but a Millet does the same thing and for a little more you can get an ACOG. Heck you can get an ACOG over on the EE for less than that.

I have some ACOGS and they are ok (much more durable too), but the 1-4 variable is nice for competition shooting.

Actually it is a relative bargin: (put your tea down first)
SAA-59152 - <font size=2>Swarovski Rifle Scope Z6 1-6x24 EE (4 Reticle) - Swarovski Rifle Scope Sale- Swarovski Rifle Scopes - Optics Spot - Detail
I've used this scope also, and it is pretty nice also.

Good glass is addictive for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have some ACOGS and they are ok (much more durable too), but the 1-4 variable is nice for competition shooting.

Actually it is a relative bargin: (put your tea down first)
SAA-59152 - <font size=2>Swarovski Rifle Scope Z6 1-6x24 EE (4 Reticle) - Swarovski Rifle Scope Sale- Swarovski Rifle Scopes - Optics Spot - Detail
I've used this scope also, and it is pretty nice also.

Good glass is addictive for me.

Dear god man I could buy two ARs for the price of that guy. Good thing I know how to use irons well LOL I'm way too much of a cheap bastage to spend that kind of money on an optic.:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guess I can't bitch about the cost of an Aimpoint and mount. :shock:

That's a nice looking optic though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I seen a video on you tube they said they have a new reticle for the K-Dot has anybody seen it ,

Thanks,Keith

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is the exact optic I'm getting for my DPMS. Been talking with a few guys that shoot regularly and compete and this is hands down the one to buy. Best of both worlds.. 1x and magnified.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

The Fish Eye Millet does not even compare. I have used both. ACOGS are fixed magnification and as such are not ideal for three gun or the real world unless used with a off set mounted red dot for close quarters shooting.
Pat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why not an Trijicon Accupoint 1-4x? You get the benefit of trijicon acog durability and dual illumination.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Fish Eye Millet does not even compare. I have used both. ACOGS are fixed magnification and as such are not ideal for three gun or the real world unless used with a off set mounted red dot for close quarters shooting.
Pat
The why do you see more ACOGS than anything else when you see footage from Iraq or Afgan?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The why do you see more ACOGS than anything else when you see footage from Iraq or Afgan?
Well actually you see more Aimpoints because the Army issues those. The Marines issue ACOG's. No one issues Meopta's. Some of the special forces use the S&B short dot which is the best of the best in low power variable scopes. I have no problem with ACOGS as long as you have a side mounted Aimpoint to back them up in low light and in close quarters.

My favorite scope is my Swarovski Z6i 1-6 power.

I also like my TA-33 ACOG and T1 Aimpoint combo on my Colt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts