AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I liked the Millet so much that I bought another one. My first one had the "fungus" problem but for me problem was minor and overall I was very happy with it as the glass is very crisp and clear. I can't say I am happy with my 2nd Millet though. Even though the 2nd one does not have the fungus problem, it's glass is not as crisp and clear as the first one. Millet seems to be very inconsistent with their QC.

My first DMS1, on FAL:
Got the Fungus problem when illumination is on #10 and #11 and only at night. The fungus problem totally disappears on #9. Looking down the hill at the lights of the street lamp everything is crisp and clear. Just as clear as my $1100 Leupold, and the crsipness is only a hair below my ACOG in quality. This particuliar Millet seems excellent at gathering light. This one did not come with flip up scope caps but did come with a spare battery and a scope cover (like a scope coat). The fungus problem does not bug though, as like I said, I only notice it on #10 and at night. So far I have shot 2 battle packs of SA (280 rounds) and scope is holding zero just fine.

My 2nd DMS1 on XCR:
No fungus problem whatsoever. Comes with flip-up caps in addition to the scope cover and the spare battery. But this one is not that crisp and does not seem to gather as much light as the DMS on my FAL. In the daylight it is not a big deal, and you barely can tell a difference between the 2. But when viewing at night is when you notice the difference right away as things seems so much brighter with my FAL Millet.

If I did not have 2 to compare side by side then I would have not known about the difference in clarity. I guess it's just luck of the draw if you get one with no fungus and super clear glass. Me I will take the clear glass over the fungus issue, especially in my case where the fungus only is visable at night when illumination is set at 10 or higher.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do the Millets have a BDC?
Nope.

I have a DMS-1 on one of my ARs and I really like it... A lot. Mine is a Gen 1 with the illumination knob on top of the eye-piece instead of on the side of the scope. It's got great glass and no issues at all with the recticle.

I've toyed with the idea of getting another one, but I'm not sure I want a Gen 2. I like the knob on top so it doesn't block the field-of-view when shooting two eyes open at 1x.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've decided this is going to be the glass I go with on the AR. Theres like a 34 pg thread on AR15.com about the DMS-1. The reviews have been positive that I've read.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've decided this is going to be the glass I go with on the AR. Theres like a 34 pg thread on AR15.com about the DMS-1. The reviews have been positive that I've read.
I would get another just to have... If I could find someone who would part with a Gen 1.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didnt read the thread over on ar15 but whats the difference? I thought the Gen 2s were better.
Seems they moved the illumination dial from above the rear glass to the side of the scope. If you were trying to two eye it on a low power seting the illumination turret would probably get in the way of your view.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didnt read the thread over on ar15 but whats the difference? I thought the Gen 2s were better.
My main gripe is the location of the illumination knob. On the Gen 1, it is on top of the eye-piece. On Gen 2, they moved it to the left side of the scope tube. If you shoot two eyes open at 1x, the knob on the Gen 2 is right in your field-of-view.

There are a couple other differences, but they aren't that big a deal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I tested mine on the big boy range this Saturday and I was hitting the 9 and 10 ring at 100 yards and hitting paper plates at 200.

I like it so far.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've really been considering getting a Millet TRS for the rifle that I'm building so I've done quite a bit of research on their products. Eric Cartman, are you sure that the rifle scope that you bought that is a Gen 2 really a Millet product? They warn on their website that counterfits of their products are being made and that the counterfits do NOT have as good quality of optics and other problems. I would look on their website and compare both of your scopes to ensure that they are both legitimate Millet products. They said that they have received many of these counterfits for repairs and they have had to confiscate them. So if you decided you wanted to send it to them to check on it or something since it isn't as crisp, just make sure it's really a Millet. I'm curious to see if their quality control is slipping, or if it's actually a Millet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've really been considering getting a Millet TRS for the rifle that I'm building so I've done quite a bit of research on their products. Eric Cartman, are you sure that the rifle scope that you bought that is a Gen 2 really a Millet product? They warn on their website that counterfits of their products are being made and that the counterfits do NOT have as good quality of optics and other problems. I would look on their website and compare both of your scopes to ensure that they are both legitimate Millet products. They said that they have received many of these counterfits for repairs and they have had to confiscate them. So if you decided you wanted to send it to them to check on it or something since it isn't as crisp, just make sure it's really a Millet. I'm curious to see if their quality control is slipping, or if it's actually a Millet.
It is not a counterfiet. Who the hell would be dumb enough to counterfeit a cheap chinese scope? You counterfeit ACOGs and Leupolds, not Millets ;)

Anyways I can tell it is not a counterfiet.
1) Both scopes are identical in appearence. Under the cap looks the same too.
2) Both comes in the exact same box, with exact same scope cover, with exact same documentation, with exact same dust cloth.
3) Got both from Midway.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've really been considering getting a Millet TRS for the rifle that I'm building so I've done quite a bit of research on their products.
If you get one tell me how it is.

I was thinking of picking one up until I can save up for a Nightforce or such.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I tell ya what Eric, let me help a fellow shooter out.. I'll give you $19.95+ shipping :)

Seriously, if you want to get rid of it, PM me and lets talk.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I tell ya what Eric, let me help a fellow shooter out.. I'll give you $19.95+ shipping :)

Seriously, if you want to get rid of it, PM me and lets talk.

Thanks for the offer Bad, but I think I'll keep them both ;)

Even the lessor one is still better than irons or the other alternatives that is out there. A Millet for $200 will still be less than Troy flip up iron sites.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts