TangoDown VFG
KAC panels, Ergo ladders

sling mounts and sling on order
KAC QD sling mount for rail and KAC QD mount for buttstock
Blue Force Vickers sling

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm thinking about picking up the same optic for my RRA. How do you like it? If you don't mind me asking how much did it set you back? Nice looking AR.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the TA31A, so far I'm diggin' it alot more than my TA01NSN.
Haven't had any range time with it yet, just got the last pieces of the build put on today.

The ACOG was $750 used, it is in perfect shape. :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I give up.. can't compete any more.. Between the DMS-1 I just snagged and the PT1911 I snagged today, I'm done for a while..

Still a nice grab Mike..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What you have pictured there is the ultimate AR. Any other gadgets would be bullsh$# fluff. I gotta take one step at a time. Got my AR at long last when I get an ACOG she'll be complete.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:cool:

Latest build

Lower:
PWA lower
Magpul Miad
LMT SOPMOD buttstock
Magpul PMag

Upper:
Colt M4 T marked flat top receiver
Colt M16 BCG
Colt .625" diameter barrel, with M4 feedramps, 16" length
LaRue low profgile gasblock
Smith Ent. Vortex FH
Troy 10" FF rail
Troy front/rear flip up irons sights
ACOG TA31A
Surefire Scout weaponlight
TangoDown VFG
KAC panels, Ergo ladders

sling mounts and sling on order
KAC QD sling mount for rail and KAC QD mount for buttstock
Blue Force Vickers sling

how much?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Acog's are pretty nice for the price I guess, but for a dedicated magnifying optic, there are IMHO better choices. If you want a serious well made optic, raise your standards a little. One of the favorite sayings around here is buy right once cry once. Acog isn't even in the same category.

http://www.swfa.com/pc-2483-284-schmidt-bender-3-12x50-police-marksman-lp-34mm-riflescope.aspx
Well as nice as that is IMHO it doesn't belong on a 16" carbine ;)
That belongs on a sharpshooters rifle. And @ 3 grand I'll pass. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Acog's are pretty nice for the price I guess, but for a dedicated magnifying optic, there are IMHO better choices. If you want a serious well made optic, raise your standards a little. One of the favorite sayings around here is buy right once cry once. Acog isn't even in the same category.

http://www.swfa.com/pc-2483-284-schmidt-bender-3-12x50-police-marksman-lp-34mm-riflescope.aspx

different end use me thinks. Good lookin scope... maybe for a future build :-o

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well as nice as that is IMHO it doesn't belong on a 16" carbine ;)
You're right, this is going on an M82A1, but I think you missed my point. There are other models that does suit a carbine.

I'm not knocking the acog because it does have some nice features, but for dedicated glass, it's hard to beat these is all I was trying to say. If you get a chance to try one, you wouldn't be disappointed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I completely disagree with you John.. S&B and USO are in categories all by themselves. There are intermediate costing glass that is specifically geared to the Carbine and semi-auto rifle, as shown the S&B is wholly inappropriate.

IOR, Leupold, NightForce, Trijicon and a few others are in the sub $1200 range for their dedicated combat rifle optics and far more in line with the use. Even when you start looking at the S&B and USO short dot optics, they are way over priced when you compare them neck and neck with the upper end of IOR or the middle of the road NF optics.

It's cool to point out that there is some amazing glass available and if you're snagging a M82a1 another few thousand on Glass is more than warranted. When I get around to getting my AIAW, USO or NF are the only two brands I will be willing to put on it, for my combat guns, not even going to consider high end glass for something that very well could get tossed in the back of the truck and beat to hell and back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am so sick to death of people second guessing what other people decide to purchase with their own money. I am seeing it more and more on this site as it is starting to take on the form of arfcom in some ways. ACOGS are badass, battle proven optics. Why someone would interject their opinion without being asked for it is, in my opinion, trying to show how you think you know more than others.

Mvician, I think your AR is badass and I would take it anyday over many others I have seen. Your stuff is topnotch and all that matters is that you are happy with it and it suits your needs.

Rant off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Can I borrow a couple thousand?:D:wink:
:lol:

Mvician, I think your AR is badass and I would take it anyday over many others I have seen. Your stuff is topnotch and all that matters is that you are happy with it and it suits your needs.
All of the carbines I have built I have tried to build what I think a fighting carbine should be. :cool:

Nice rifle. It looks like it would balence well. :cool:
It does very well, you can almost put your finger in front of the magwell and have it balance perfect. Holding it by the VFG the stock seems to fall into place on you shoulder.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I wanna compare those Tango down fore-grips to my cheapy UTG. :D
I wanted to replace it with a TD, but I have to admit the darn thing is pretty rugged, and is rock solid. I can support the entire weight of the gun, swing/twirl it around, and the UTG isnt impressed at all. I figured this thing would have broken a long time ago. Im impressed for $15.00.

UTG
TANGO DOWN

1 - 20 of 23 Posts