AR15 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Very nice rifle. It's quite front end heavy though. It seemed to be of high quality. 5 more minutes in the store and I would have put 300 bucks down on it. I was able to resist luckily.

While it's a nice weapon, dropping 1300 + after tax, and still having no way to aim the weapon(no sights) kinda sucks. I can build a QUALITY rifle for about 800 bucks, and have a great iron sight set-up to boot. Add irons to the Sig, and your at $1,400+.

I could add an Eotech, and still be up about $200 over the sig with just irons. Guess it depends on how bad you want a piston system. The AR is lighter, has more spare parts availability, more after market support, and is less expensive.

Ill probay just go with another standard AR. I don't live in the desert, which seems to be the only environment that gives the AR fits.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I don't live in the desert, which seems to be the only environment that gives the AR fits.
Yep, until we decide our boys should chase Commie China out of Tibet, or some drug cartel out of the Andes, or do somethign else that happens to put them in an icebox, then we'll hear all about how cold environs lead to gumming and demand the reduction of CLP application....

Just poking fun man - I think you did right by resisting. Lots of good guns out there for under 1K.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at one too and found it to be very heavy. I thought the mag relase button was in a bummer spot, kind of stretch to get to it. After I checked out the sig556 more closley I elected to build an AR instead.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I also thumbed down the 556 SWAT
over at Bud's this week.

Looking at the price of $1,699, I just
could not do. there is another machine
that I have my eye on. It is about $600
more than the SIG556, but I think it will
suit me better.

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
I have been eyeballing the Sig as well, but it would be easier for me to get away with shooting an AR on post here, than it would be the Sig....

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
I looked at a few at the gun show and they were nice but pretty expensive. I would rather put that money on a SOCOM rather than the SIG.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Nikkon, more like $125 for the Samson Front sight (that's the cheapest and SIG themselves have the only other option.. Samson) and then another $120+ for a rear BUIS. Then you have the option, which most seem to take, of putting the 551 forend on it to balance it out better. But you lose your rails. Then again there's the $400 railed forend you can get. It's all around an expensive and moderately novel civilian version of the 551 series. You can do better with a pistol AR if you're looking for that.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Nikkon, more like $125 for the Samson Front sight (that's the cheapest and SIG themselves have the only other option.. Samson) and then another $120+ for a rear BUIS. Then you have the option, which most seem to take, of putting the 551 forend on it to balance it out better. But you lose your rails. Then again there's the $400 railed forend you can get. It's all around an expensive and moderately novel civilian version of the 551 series. You can do better with a pistol AR if you're looking for that.
I assume you meant piston?

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Let me get this straight Ed.......you thumbed down the 556? 5 posts for emphasis! Just kiddin';):lol:
It surprised me also that five of the same
posts showed up. I deleted the un-needed
ones. For now, I put the blame on the slow-
ness of the forum loading.

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
You know I fired one at the range and told the guy it felt front heavy and heavy overall.

He was like, "I don't think so"

I guess if you never owned an AR you would think that.

If I am spending that much I will go with a Masada or a Bullpup 556 is anyone gets off their ass to make one.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
You know I fired one at the range and told the guy it felt front heavy and heavy overall.

He was like, "I don't think so"

I guess if you never owned an AR you would think that.

If I am spending that much I will go with a Masada or a Bullpup 556 is anyone gets off their ass to make one.
Several Styer Aug clones out there right now that fit the bullpup config want. And the Masada will be a very nice addition to the collection IF MAGPUL can get their act together.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Several Styer Aug clones out there right now that fit the bullpup config want. And the Masada will be a very nice addition to the collection IF MAGPUL can get their act together.
Yeah that's the thing, the masada will be nice IF they ever release them.

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, my FFL had a nice long chat with Drake from MP this week. They are just ramping up and already looking at some Gen2 options. SHOT 08' will get the actual release dates to us = well at least to the disties = But they are aiming for releasing before the civi version of the SCAR hits the market en'mass.

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
Very nice rifle. It's quite front end heavy though. It seemed to be of high quality. 5 more minutes in the store and I would have put 300 bucks down on it. I was able to resist luckily.

While it's a nice weapon, dropping 1300 + after tax, and still having no way to aim the weapon(no sights) kinda sucks. I can build a QUALITY rifle for about 800 bucks, and have a great iron sight set-up to boot. Add irons to the Sig, and your at $1,400+.

I could add an Eotech, and still be up about $200 over the sig with just irons. Guess it depends on how bad you want a piston system. The AR is lighter, has more spare parts availability, more after market support, and is less expensive.

Ill probay just go with another standard AR. I don't live in the desert, which seems to be the only environment that gives the AR fits.
The one I saw had a very rudementary rear sight. It looked like a 1/4 of a tongue depressor with a peep hole in it. You might not even have noticed it as it folds down perfectly flush with the accessory rail.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts