AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your most expensive AR build?

What's the most expensive that you've heard of?

*** NOTE: SEMI-AUTO ONLY -- NO SELECT FIRE OR FULL AUTOS! ***

I'm trying to get an idea of where the line for "ridiculous" is and when it slaughters that point and becomes "f***ing amazing" or something like that. :)

I won't say how much my current build is up to just yet...but it's mighty high I think. I'll post the specs after I get a few replies.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got a buddy who has $3,500 into an AR-10, but that includes optics.
He has deep pockets though, and it's not his only AR, or his most expensive gun either.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Mk12 Mod 0 clone I'm looking at building is looking to run me about $3200 with glass and that doesn't include a can if I choose to suppress it. Another carbine I'm looking at building is looking at about $2500 - $2700 including an Aimpoint. These prices are for all new, off the shelf stuff too. I can probably build for a bit cheaper by pulling some pages from mvician's book.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, I'm expecting higher. I'm way higher than those figures already...but please do not consider this "bragging" as I really don't intend for it to be. I simply want to build the nicest AR possible, no matter how tacicool it may be. Any suggestions in that direction would be very helpful as well.

The Noveske 18" VIS SPR upper was already at $2K after fluting, teflon, PRI gas buster and BUIS.

Add the lower, bipod, VFG, MIAD, PRS, etc, etc and you are at $3.5K, then add the optics and you are pushing $5K

Add a suppressor and case plus miscellaneous gadgets and you have a grand total of just shy of $6K.

I can post my updated build list if you want to see it. Pics will follow when I finish the project in a few months time...but it's gonna be a while.

I have everything ordered.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't feel so bad now. I was kind of like "oops" when my budget build turned into a $1200 rifle before optics. You guys put that to shame.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm partial to what JP Rifles does.

As far as price goes, sky is the limit if you want to spend a LOT of money, and the rifle is only a small part of the budget when it comes to an AR :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm partial to what JP Rifles does.

As far as price goes, sky is the limit if you want to spend a LOT of money, and the rifle is only a small part of the budget when it comes to an AR :)
I am quite fond of the JP Rifles. You introduced me to them a few months ago. They make a serious rifle, but I really wanted the experience of building one (at least the lower).

I agree that although my rifle itself is expensive, minus the accoutrements, part of that cost is the QD EoTech AND Leupold. I wanted a true SPR in the sense that it can be used for close range (not quite CQB work w/18" barrel), but switch optics and engage targets at 600 years.

Most likely though I will move the EOtech to another build later down the road.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
my most expensive AR is my AR-10 SuperSass. With backup iron sites, sling mount, scope and bipod it ran about $3700 right out of the box.

My most expensive .223 AR is my Noveske. Complete lowpro upper ran me about $1260, lower about $140, NM Lower Parts Kit about $180, Vltor modstock about $160, Viking Sling about $35, and ACOG TA-11F about $1000... for a grand total of $2650.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm still waiting to order those damn new 20-round MAGLEVEL PMAGS!!!! Any idea when they will be available???
the 2008 propoganda PDF catalog that magpul has just says "available 2008". They are even coming out with a translucent one for training, but Im sure its good for the range but not for combat. I'll probably pick up two 20 rnd, and one translucent (cant help it it looks so cool when loaded up like G36 rifle)

go to page 5:
http://www.magpul.com/pdfs/2008catalog.pdf

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the 2008 propoganda PDF catalog that magpul has just says "available 2008". They are even coming out with a translucent one for training, but Im sure its good for the range but not for combat. I'll probably pick up two 20 rnd, and one translucent (cant help it it looks so cool when loaded up like G36 rifle)

go to page 5:
http://www.magpul.com/pdfs/2008catalog.pdf

Thank you!

EDIT: I just looked through this PDP and it says doesn't say they are coming out with a MAGLEVEL 20 version :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Some of the guys that have built ARs with ABS Carbon Fiber barrels have a really significant amount of money in their ARs.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts