AR15 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the technical side of AR15's, I've owned and shot them for years but mainly just stock purchased ones. I recently however decided to try my hand at building an AR in 5.56, why I chose 5.56 is another discussion. I built this rifle for hunting/long range shooting. I generally do not Cary it long distances so I opted for a heavy barrel and because I liked the barrel.

My question is, I am looking for a compensator that is specific to 1 thing minimizing or completely eliminating muzzle climb. I have no need for a muzzle brake because the rifle is heavy enough the felt recoil isn't much anyway. I have no real need for a flash hider because I don't need one. I do have one on it currently if I ever did. So my question is what is the best compensator to use for eliminating muzzle climb that does it well and not mediocre like some of the combo devices out there. Please help. Recommendations would be helpful.

Also I am not partial to any specific brand or style so don't worry about that. I also don't care about paying for a high end name if a cheaper device will work just as well. I will purchase a high end name brand device if it does what I need but if there is a knockoff out there that is just as good I would also not hesitate to get that as well. Please send suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the technical side of AR15's, I've owned and shot them for years but mainly just stock purchased ones. I recently however decided to try my hand at building an AR in 5.56, why I chose 5.56 is another discussion. I built this rifle for hunting/long range shooting. I generally do not Cary it long distances so I opted for a heavy barrel and because I liked the barrel.

My question is, I am looking for a compensator that is specific to 1 thing minimizing or completely eliminating muzzle climb. I have no need for a muzzle brake because the rifle is heavy enough the felt recoil isn't much anyway. I have no real need for a flash hider because I don't need one. I do have one on it currently if I ever did. So my question is what is the best compensator to use for eliminating muzzle climb that does it well and not mediocre like some of the combo devices out there. Please help. Recommendations would be helpful.

Also I am not partial to any specific brand or style so don't worry about that. I also don't care about paying for a high end name if a cheaper device will work just as well. I will purchase a high end name brand device if it does what I need but if there is a knockoff out there that is just as good I would also not hesitate to get that as well. Please send suggestions. Thanks
honestly on an AR15 idon’t see the purpose, i dont even run one on my DPMS LR308. The gas system eats up so much recoil its just not needed. I only use them on my bolt guns, and magnums at that.

I can shoot am AR10/LR308 all day, but my bolt 300 winmag? Thsts a gun that needs a muzzle brake.
Heres a test for you, go out and find a shotgun school. I had to take an 80 hour course with my dept to carry one. 2 weeks, 8-5 with the weekend between. We shot 3” 12 guage 1oz slugs and 00 buck non stop for 5 out of the 8 hour day,

so figure approx 2-300 rounds a day just to screw with you, and by day 4 i wanted die. As i still had 6 days to go. honestly the teaching was over after day 3, somthe test was just tourture and yelling you how
God designed this bs little pocket in the shoulder designed for thr shotgun and recoil was in the mind lol

Anyway go out and just shoot 2 days 300 rounds and after that an AR is a toy, on par with daisy bb gun. Do it an entire 10 and earn a bruise from shoulder, down side to belt line and part of your pecs lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts