AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the parts seem to be there, it switches from fire to safety as it should, but the trigger will still pull while its switched to safety.

The trigger is a KAC 2 stage 4.5 trigger, but I've had 3.5 trigger that were heavier than this. I didn't install the trigger, I just got the gun on a trade and noticed the safety doesn't prevent the trigger from being pulled. Not a huge problem, but I would appreciate the help. I'll post pics of possible.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would take it to a good gunsmith or armorer.

Do it yourself safety repair from advice obtained on the internet is nothing to fool around with, imo.

griff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will the safety on an AR only switch to "safe" if the hammer is cocked?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just look at what happens. Figuring out a safety isn't rocket surgery. I've done it with almost every gun I own, just so I know to what level of trust I place in the infallibility of the safety. For example, the trigger block on an old SxS does not instill confidence, even when installed properly (it wasn't when Dad picked it up years back). I can foresee the seer slipping fairly easily if dropped. On the other hand, the safety systems on my in-line muzzle loader and my XDm, both with no external safety selector, instill much more confidence.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't think of one singe reason to ever take an AR to a gunsmith. Whatever's wrong is a simple fix, I can guarantee you that. Forrest Gump could figure it out in a couple of minutes. :rolleyes:

I'm not familiar with that particular trigger, but I have installed many aftermarket AR triggers. Fitting the safety correctly is pretty simple. If that trigger has overtravel and engagement adjustments like the JP system, then it's probably as simple as adjusting the engagement.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't think of one singe reason to ever take an AR to a gunsmith. Whatever's wrong is a simple fix, I can guarantee you that. Forrest Gump could figure it out in a couple of minutes. :rolleyes:

I'm not familiar with that particular trigger, but I have installed many aftermarket AR triggers. Fitting the safety correctly is pretty simple. If that trigger has overtravel and engagement adjustments like the JP system, then it's probably as simple as adjusting the engagement.
Actually, with how well Forrest did with the M-16 he could probably figure it out in a few seconds! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually, with how well Forrest did with the M-16 he could probably figure it out in a few seconds! :)
Beat me to it, but wasn't it an M14?

NSFW:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6VPEcj77v8]Done Drill Sergeant!!! - YouTube[/ame]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have to agree an AR15 never requires a gun smith. It is one of the easiest rifles to figure out. I built one without issue the first time from a 15 minute youtube video. Now i can do it with my eyes closed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Couple ass holes.

I'll try to post pics.

The selector isn't loose, the detent pin and spring are in place.
The trigger is really really light, like I said, it switches back and forth just fine (with the bolt open of course) but when switched to safety the hammer still drops, I'll say, it doesn't drop as far as on fire, but after pulling the trigger on safety, dropping the hammer, switching it to fire drops it the rest of the way.

Believe me I understand I can do this my damn self, just wondering if this has happens to anyone else, or if anyone has some advice/solution. Not a ***** remark.

I'm not completely new to ARs, just never encountered this before.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have personally never seen it happen. Do you have another lower to compare the trigger to?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Couple ass holes.

I'll try to post pics.

The trigger is really really light, like I said, it switches back and forth just fine (with the bolt open of course) but when switched to safety the hammer still drops, I'll say, it doesn't drop as far as on fire, but after pulling the trigger on safety, dropping the hammer, switching it to fire drops it the rest of the way.

Believe me I understand I can do this my damn self, just wondering if this has happens to anyone else, or if anyone has some advice/solution. Not a ***** remark.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is a gun forum with a bunch of dudes. There is going to be smart assery (I'm pretty sure that's a word) mixed in with the responses. If you can't handle a couple jokes then I'm sure there's a home gardening or a knitting forum somewhere that is much tamer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Couple ass holes.

I'll try to post pics.

Let's put this one to the test: How about you take your question and post it up on Arfcom or M4Carbine.net and see what kind of a response you get? I betcha it would be a whole lot worse than some friendly ribbing.

As for your little tantrum, do try to get a thicker skin. You provided crappy information from the jump, and when you finally explain a bit more you pop off at the mouth like a spoiled brat.

If you want to act like an adult and stop being a thin-skinned hipster, I'm sure we can all get along and you will get the answer you need. If not, you'll probably be handed a permanent vacation from this forum and everyone will still have the same opinion of you that they currently have.

Up to you, chummy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No one is butthurt, I just don't see why someone would go out of their way to be a poon. There was no tantrum, just explanation. No ill feelings towards anyone, but when jackassery comes my way I like to send it back.

Now, since everyone's gotten their emotions out maybe some info could be tossed around.

The pic is of the hammer, safety on, after the trigger has been pulled. That's as far as it will go.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is what it should look like with the safety on, but from what I can tell, the safety switch doesn't actually contact anything unless its switched to fire, then the trigger works as should. But on safe, it doesn't touch anything.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts