colt a3 upper w/carry handle
colt bolt and bc assembly
colt barrel
cmmg lower
basic a2 stock
dpms lpk
green follower mags

cost = $519

Shooting with iron sights. Ammo was Winchester 5.56 white box. Range 100 yards.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's very Colt.
hahaha.

your right, and she shoots very, very accurately.

everybody wants the latest and greatest, but when you need to save money...you can build a nice AR for $500. one that is functional, and hopefully reliable.

Thanks for the comment. I had to get what I could with what money I had. It is funny because at the range there were guys around with these tiny AR15's with $200+ dollar scopes. looking at me like...God! Look at the POS!

Then when I brought my groups back they were looking at me a lot different, and started looking at their $1000+ rifles like it was the rifles fault the had crappy groups.

It was funny, and made me feel good about my project.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you in a ban state? Wondering about the lack of a flash hider.
No, I am not in a ban state. I had limited money to spend, and wanted good parts. So this upper came along with the right price, and was in really good shape. I bought it. I wanted the latest and greatest, but the main purpose was to get an AR15 for $500 that I built (to a degree). So with that I took the best I could for the money I had.

I don't see where a flash hider makes a difference in accuracy. So, I haven't fretted about it. A person I know has said he threads barrels, but I don't know if I want to mess with it since it shoots fine.

What would be the relevance in me putting one on?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't see where a flash hider makes a difference in accuracy. So, I haven't fretted about it. A person I know has said he threads barrels, but I don't know if I want to mess with it since it shoots fine.

What would be the relevance in me putting one on?
threading the barrel for a FH will not affect accuracy as long as they don't mess with the crown(which they shouldn't)

You can get some flash hiders to act as muzzle breaks to help reduce recoil. They will also help keep the muzzle flash down so when your shooting at the zombies they will not see you as easy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They will also help keep the muzzle flash down so when your shooting at the zombies they will not see you as easy.
I like to think that I would have a flash hider so that I could see them better.
:p

Yes, the hider would be nice, but is going to be about $100 dollars. Then a long wait without my rifle.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Having a flash hider installed will also PROTECT the muzzle crown ;)
Checkout ADCO for the work.
I'm going to send them my 14.5" LMT and get a Vortex (or Phantom) pinned and welded.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, Mike. What do you think of ar15barrels.com? What he says seems good, and I have seen a couple pics on the net. The price is half what Adco has. Take a look and let me know your opinion.

Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, Mike. What do you think of ar15barrels.com? What he says seems good, and I have seen a couple pics on the net. The price is half what Adco has. Take a look and let me know your opinion.

Thanks.
Replied to your PM

For all others......do a search for ar15barrels.com on ar15.com, alot of guys are PO'd at him................

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
all over the net from people (not stores), and locally.

Just settled for parts that were in good condition that would work. I had a budget, and could not go over it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts