just finished this baby today, will be hittin the range this w/e

RRA 20in 1/8 upper/BCG
RRA NM trigger
stag lower
it ought to be a good shooter

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great. Post your thoughts of the RRA NM trigger if you don't mind. I need something better than the stock trigger that came in my LPK.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great. Post your thoughts of the RRA NM trigger if you don't mind. I need something better than the stock trigger that came in my LPK.
For under $100 you can't get a better 2 stage.

I swapped out my Bushie one stage and haven't regretted it.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
both of my 5.56 guns have RRA nm triggers, i personally love them when compairing to a "regular" unit, if you have a C&R thru brownells you can get these things for like $75 (my g/f's dad has his C&R:p)

thanks for the comments, i originally planed to paint this gun camo but now i'm having second thoughts it's just so new/nice, mabye by summer i'll have the nerve

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
What kind of glass is that?

it's the simmons whitetail classic, 6.5-20x50mm, i've had very good luck with this scope on one of my other rifles as have my buddys, it's a whole lota scope for $99:D, i've had one on another rifle for 2-3 years now with zero problems

thanks again for all the kind compliments, cant wait untill tomorrow:mrgreen:

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
So what's the verdict on the range report?

BTW why did you go with the 20" instead of the 24"?

I just bought a Stag stripped lower and an RRA varmint upper is my first choice.

PM me if you don't mind telling me your cost breakdown.

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
That glass looks familiar! If your shoots like mine you'll be very happy. I've since switched it out for a Burris, but the Simmons is still on another rifle.

G

·
Discussion Starter #17

I had a bull barrel 20" and it was way to front heavy. I couldn't imaging a 24" or even taking one into the woods.

I built a 16" fluted bull barrel and its been shooting about 3/4" MOA and its much easier to lug around the woods.

G

·
Discussion Starter #18

I just bought a Stag stripped lower and an RRA varmint upper is my first choice.

PM me if you don't mind telling me your cost breakdown.
well i was shooting prvi parstarian or however it's spelled, not good ammo out of a gun like this (55gr in a 1/8 barrel), i'm gonna try to step it up to some 75gr and see how that does, it didn't group very good but @200yds busting clay birds was a yawn

i'll eventually be reloading for this gun once i get a press ect. hopefully i'll have that setup by christmas,

the 24in is just too big IMO, yeah this gun is heavy i plan on adding the 3lb weight in the stock to make it even heavier, this isn't my brush gun, i've got 2 other AR's for that, it's strictly a bench/varmint rifle, i just dont like the looks of the 24in, it's tiping the scales right @11lbs right now without a mag, i'm hoping for it to come in around 15 when it's all said and done, i don't want it to move when i pull the trigger:mrgreen:

edit, i think i've got right at $1k in it so far, not counting the harris bi pod (already had that)

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
I know a 55gr is not the best for a 1/8 but I didn't think it was that bad.

hmmm

What about the 24" with the optional 1/14 twist?

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
I know a 55gr is not the best for a 1/8 but I didn't think it was that bad.

hmmm

What about the 24" with the optional 1/14 twist?
idk about that, i wanted the ability to shoot heavier bullets so that's why i went with the 1/8, on top of that it's mil surplus ammo, it didn't do that bad but handloads will be much much much better:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts