AR15 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do the military issue magazines I have seem really stiff and hard to get in and out while the magazine they sent with it is smooth and pops in and out no problem?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You didn't say what brand you bought. I have both Colt and Bushmaster ARs and all the magazines I have purchased work just fine in them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why do the military issue magazines I have seem really stiff and hard to get in and out while the magazine they sent with it is smooth and pops in and out no problem?
Does the mag that is "smooth" look like it has been sanded and refinished ?

What brand mag came with it and what brand/brands are you trying ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does the mag that is "smooth" look like it has been sanded and refinished ?

What brand mag came with it and what brand/brands are you trying ?

No MV it doesn't look sanded or smooth, but the brand that is working well is CL Products in New Britain CT?

The ones I am having problems with are the military issued center industries corp....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tolerances vary and it sounds like you are going to try some of each to see what works best in your Oly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had problems with Center mags in my AR as well. They worked, but it took a good push to get 'em in and a tug to get 'em out. Buddy could used them in his bushmaster and they were perfect (So I made him a heck of a deal on 'em :D).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oly's are notorious for being on the minimum of the spec side. I have an Oly M4 and some mags don't drop free in it either.

Mags that do well in mine are magpul Pmags, D&H, AR stoner, C-products. All steel parkerized ones I have tried have also always worked well.

The ones that have the thick grey finish that look like was applied with a paintbrush don't usually do as good. For what it's worth, I got rid of 3 OK Center mags that wouldn't work in any of my AR's. I thought I was getting a decent deal on them at the gun show 3 for $25, but ended up trading them for 3 D&H mags.

Edit to add, the imported Orlites also work in mine but I had to sand the ridge down on the side of them some.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CProducts mags are good stuff. I have 10 of them, and each one works flawlessly. I consider it money very well spent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts