AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys... Thanks to you, I went out and purchased a new rifle. My gun collection has really grown in the past 4 months! I went from having my XD9 SC and my little P22 plinker, to owning 3 rifles and a shotgun too! A Mossberg 835 12-guage turkey gun, a Savage 110 in 30/06 for deer, a little Ruger 10/22 for plinking and squirrels, and my newest purchased... A Bushmaster 16" M4 in .223 and 5.56! I added a BSA 3-9x40 illuminated dot scope to the top (cheap, sleeper scope).

Anyways... Here's the pics of the new purchase:

It shoots very nice. I only put about 25 rounds down it since it was freezing outside, but it's a lot of fun!!! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well guys... Thanks to you, I went out and purchased a new rifle. My gun collection has really grown in the past 4 months! I went from having my XD9 SC and my little P22 plinker, to owning 3 rifles and a shotgun too! A Mossberg 835 12-guage turkey gun, a Savage 110 in 30/06 for deer, a little Ruger 10/22 for plinking and squirrels, and my newest purchased... A Bushmaster 16" M4 in .223 and 5.56! I added a BSA 3-9x40 illuminated dot scope to the top (cheap, sleeper scope).

Anyways... Here's the pics of the new purchase:

It shoots very nice. I only put about 25 rounds down it since it was freezing outside, but it's a lot of fun!!! :)
Now work on that stance, stand up straight, left arm tucked in tight, and right elbow out at a 45 degree angle.:mrgreen:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone...

I noticed the stance as soon as I reviewed the pictures. I used my Slik tripod today and set the D200 to take a picture every 2 seconds for a minute while I blasted out the first 5 rounds.

I'll work on the stance next time out. Hopefully it won't be as bitter and cold out. :)

dasanii- Yes... This is a piece of property that is owned by my girlfriends pap. There's a cabin that sits on the property just behind where I'm shooting there. The particular area you see in the pictures is a covered pavillion that had 4 tables in it for picnics and what not, and then we have a row of tables setup for the rifles and when we're shooting... And then there is the little fire pit there. I had a little bit of a fire going today to warm up when I wasn't shooting or taking pictures.

The cabin is decent size, but has no power to it. The estimate to get power run to it was over $75,000... So they're waiting for people to build so the price comes down a bit... For now, we just use a generator when we need power.

zac - She's at school/work during the day M-F... I couldn't wait for the weekend, so my tripod did the trick. I'm not sure if she'll like the gun or not (she didn't approve of me buying it!), so we'll see. :)

Thanks again. I'm sure they'll be new pics again!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice rifle. Welcome to the club. Its a bit of an addiction. Jeez for half that or less you could probably go solar to power the cabin...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
orr - Yeah... They said it was crazy to pay that for it now. Although, I think the place would get used a LOT more of it had power to it. My family also owns cabins up in the northern part of PA... Both have power, and I'd rather travel the 2 hours to go there and camp, than to go the 10 minutes to this one without...

Although, this is nice since we've got the shooting area setup. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looking good, looking good!!

Now marry that GF and fix that
place up for a life time of happiness
on the range and cuddling at night
in the unheated cabin. :)

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Strip the scope, learn to use the iron sights, go get training, get some more training.. and welcome to the disease... :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a quick question about the handguard that's on this rifle... Can I swap this out for one of the four rail split handguards? I think they look a lot nicer, and you can add extra stuff to it too... :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, it appears as if that is simply a two piece M4 length handguard. Most any two piece handguard will fit.

That is just the beginning, my friend!
...first the hand guards, then a light, then different optics, then a bi-pod, then a different pistol grip, then a different buttstock, then another set of new handguards, and another different optic...well, you get the picture! ;):shock::cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Haha... I'm sure it'll get that way at some point... Or maybe that will be when I build my next one.

I need a job first. :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts