AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my finish AR build that i posted some time ago..Dpms complete lower, RRA upper receiver, wilson 20"BBL in .223 or 5.56nato

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nice AR. Can't stand the A1 handguard, especially coupled with the A3 c-stock. But to each their own!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was on a budget and dont want to really spend too much, i'll save some money so i can get a better scope or a flip-up rear sights..
Nice AR. Can't stand the A1 handguard, especially coupled with the A3 c-stock. But to each their own!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was able to try her today and she works:p:pbut i really need a better scope if i want to hit 100yds or more..I was so bumed that when i got to the range i only have 20rds of 223 and i have bought my savage bolt action and my AR:(:(so i just did 10rds each just to make sure my first build works..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just compleated my first lower minus the butt stock im picking that up to tomarrow then i have to shop for the upper i want

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was able to try her today and she works:p:pbut i really need a better scope if i want to hit 100yds or more..I was so bumed that when i got to the range i only have 20rds of 223 and i have bought my savage bolt action and my AR:(:(so i just did 10rds each just to make sure my first build works..
Awesome! That's the best part. Next time bring more ammo!

Good job man.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I feel your pain for the 100 yard shots. I want to use my AR for long range vaminting but cant do so with my current optics. If I add a scope I need to change the gas block and eliminate my front sight. Because of this, I plan to just pick up another upper and then when i want to shoot long range, I just pop out 2 pins and swap the upper out. Cheaper than 2 complete rifles and only takes 10 seconds to switch over.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I'll say it again...ditch the scope for now and learn on iron sights. Get your self a rear BUIS, once you get the iron sights down, you will be able to drive a nail with a scope. I'm not trying to bring you down or anything. I just remember your last AR and your shot placement at 100 yards with your scope. With irons you can get out to 500 yards no problem. Work on the basics then go "tacticool".;)

Congrats on your first build, I was in the same boat not to long ago and just got done hitting up the range for a second time with my build and so far so good. Finally got a good BZO on my iron sights and Eotech. Watch out for the BRD, I'm trying to finish up my RRA 24" varmint = wife no happy...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey vikz, get the rail gas block, and the get the flip down sights, so all you have to do is take off scope and can play with it at closer targets.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey if anybody wants to build a ar the cheapist way is to get a dpms lower, and then get dpms AP4 parts kit. and you have it all their just put it together. for under 825$. that is what i just done and i love my gun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I feel your pain for the 100 yard shots. I want to use my AR for long range vaminting but cant do so with my current optics. If I add a scope I need to change the gas block and eliminate my front sight. Because of this, I plan to just pick up another upper and then when i want to shoot long range, I just pop out 2 pins and swap the upper out. Cheaper than 2 complete rifles and only takes 10 seconds to switch over.
what issue are you having with the FSP? I leave the FSP on all my AR's (though because of a LCF intention with one, it may have to go or get cut).. I've got a 20" upper with a 3200 elite that I don't ever see the FSP on and it's good out to around 500m. Just curious..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what issue are you having with the FSP? I leave the FSP on all my AR's (though because of a LCF intention with one, it may have to go or get cut).. I've got a 20" upper with a 3200 elite that I don't ever see the FSP on and it's good out to around 500m. Just curious..
I dont want the FSP to blur the sight picture. Its going to be in the way but being so close it will blur out to the point where you will see through it. It will however block the clarity. When I pay $600.00 for a scope so that its very clear, i dont want to muddy it up with a FSP. This is my opinion however. Like I said, I like having an AR for CQB purposes and swapping out uppers seems like the best and easiest way to switch platforms.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
+1
The fsp should not affect your scope. The scope kind of looks 'around' the fsp.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi guys here is my latest upgrade on my AR, Badshot i think I'll take you up on that HG offer..I just opted for the less expensive scope that i can use to shoot from 100yds to 300yds maybe next year i'll get a better scope..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sold this AR today so i can buy my Tikka T3 lite in .308 and put an XD service in 45acp on layaway, ARs are very nice but I kinda like the bolt action thing and with .308 i can really go the distance..sorry Ar guys maybe next time i'll build one in 308..I just even out on the price that i spend on thsi Ar so its all good..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
does anybody have a web page to learn the iron sights better. now i know everybody is goingto say just go shoot but i learned ALOT on how to better shoot my xd by reading and learning practice is only as good as what your practicing. im new to the ar but i just dont see how you could do 500 with irons any help would be GREAT
ps sorry to jack your thread but i figured you could benifit from it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts