AR15 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this goes in this forum or not, but it can always be moved.

I have a buddy who, for lack of better terms, is poor. Father died 6 months ago, been taking it really hard, family has no money to speak of. He has always wanted an AR, but could never afford one. His newest gun was one his dad bought him in like 92. I am not asking for anything that you need, or could need in the future, but only ANY pieces, springs, screws, pins, sights, etc you could “Karma” away for his build. I want to surprise him with it.

So far I have:
Forward handguard
Pistol grip
Hacked front gas block
Should have a 6 pt stock for him if I ever buy my skeleton stock

Im going to collect money from our local friends to purchase the bare lower because it has to go through FFL.

I only ask because he oogled mine after I bought my 2nd one and built it at the last gun show in Indy. He is like family to me, and is a great guy, and if I can actually pull this off for him I am going to.

Even if you couldn’t give anything, any info on cheap cheap uppers, or upper parts, or anything of the sorts would be just as helpful.

Thank you all in advance!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think what you are doing is awesome and you are a true friend. However, if he is poor, aren't there other things that he needs more than an AR that he could benefit more from?

Again, I am not trying to be an ass, but it seems to me like a rifle for someone on hard times would be further down the list. I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it didnt come across the wrong way. this is why I am not asking him to pay for any of it. It wont cost him a dime. i am going to also donate to him 500 rounds of .223 that should last him a while.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I wish I had a friend like you. I don't need anything as I do fine and can provide for my family, but everyone should have a friend like you. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts