AR15 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
. Im thinking of buying another AR. but dont wanna spend a fortune. atm olympic arms his having a sale on there carbines. under 600.00 just wondering if these are as good as an armalite?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
You won't hear a whole lotta good about Oly Arms. If you are looking in this price range I would suggest getting a bargain bin rifle from CMMG. You can get a new one that may have a blemish for around $600 after transfer fees. Every report I have seen on these is that they are very good rifles for great prices. I will probably get my next AR from the bargain bin.

ETA link for bargain bin Bargain Bin - CMMG, Inc

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
WOW! i like that bargain bin. my wife is gonna hate u guys for showing me that lol i may need more that one or two :p

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I own 2 Olympics. No problems with either of them. Bang every time the trigger is pulled and more than accurate enough.

I also know several of the guys who work there personally. Good group of guys.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
.well the only bad i have seen with oly was some guy at the range using wolf type ammo and the casings getting stuck in the chambers. but hell that happens with my mini 14. but i dont shoot the steel ammo in my armalite and i wouldnt in any AR. my ruger can eat that laquer stuff

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Speaking of CMMG and the bargain bin...anyone bought one of these? How "blemished" is it, if so. Now about the rest of their site...some of their uppers are sold with a "permanent hider". I guess that is the flash suppressor? Is a permanent hider a bad thing? I would think I would want to be able to take it off and put on a different type etc...:?:

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
I own 2 Olympics. No problems with either of them. Bang every time the trigger is pulled and more than accurate enough.

I also know several of the guys who work there personally. Good group of guys.
Same here. I own Oly's and would purchase others in the future.

The only problem they really have are tight magwells.

Oly's non-chrome lined barrels are designed for accuracy, not for slogging thru swamps. If you plan to be regularly executing Navy Seal type assualt / invasion maneuvers coming up out of the water (like on them video games) then get a chrome lined barrel. Otherwise, Oly's barrels are great barrels.

Most of the Oly hate is heresay - "I heard about a guy who heard about a guy..." or "This guy on the internet said..."

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Everybody has their own favorite, or at least most will back up the brand they bought. Ask a dozen people and you'll get 12 different answers. I'm not going to tell you yay or nay, but to do your research and buy what you feel will be best for you.

;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts