AR15 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many people, I'm planning on another AR before the possible '08 change in political climate. I'd like to build something similar to an (Smith&Wesson) M&P 15T. Buying the actual M&P isn't an option because I'm in NY. I'll need a different fixed stock among other things. I know that S&W offers a ban model (with a fixed stock), but I'd like to save some money and put it together myself. I've looked around and haven't had much luck finding what I need. Here's what I'm looking for......

A complete 16" upper that is ready to accept a Troy (or very similar) free float rail....or already has one installed. I plan on using the Troy front and rear flip up irons. Haven't decided on a lower yet, but I'm thinking either a RRA or Stag with a RRA 2-stage. The hard part has been finding an upper that resembles the M&P 15T. Anyone have some suggestions or links to where I might find one? Thanks:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just about any Smith can out together for you or you can keep an eye out on ARFCOM. Hell if you contact some of the sellers there they should be able to put one together for you... Rainier Arms, CMMG might, Buds Gun Shop, BravoCompany USA .. you might even give Pete at AR15SALES.COM a call and see if he can do something for you for the whole thing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Badshot:) I didn't even think about Pete (or the others). I think I'll give him a call and see what he can do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd also say don't constrain yourself just to the Troy rails.. there are others just as good and give you the same options, a lower prices to boot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts