AR15 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there is a guy local that offered to sell me one of his build ARs. If you can help me determine if this is a good deal please let me know. I'll pm you with pics and what details I know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much?

I like Ace Stocks myself, my XCR has something like it, and that fluted barrel looks trick! All depends on how much he is offering for it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In my opinion, that's not a bad rifel at all, but it's a bit overpriced. If you can get it about $100 cheaper, I'd take it myself, but if not, keep looking.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is it chambered for .223 Rem, .223 Wylde, or 5.56 NATO? 5.56 NATO chamber can handle higher pressure ammo, but accuracy often suffers compared to other two.

Personally, if it's a defense gun, I'd want 5.56. If it's a precision gun, I'd want .223 Rem, or secondly the .223 Wylde chamber.

It's a carbine length gas system, which some believe requires replacement parts earlier than a rifle length system. Does this bother you at all?

How well do you know the owner? Do you have any reason to believe they aren't being 100% honest about parts, wear, or anything else if you are not very knowledgeable about AR's? This is one of the reasons why I bought a new factory complete rifle for the first gun, I wanted to know that there was a factory dealer and a factory that will help me out if there is a problem. Your feelings about this may vary. I'm not saying the seller is misrepresenting the gun, but can you go with the seller and put a hundred rounds or so through it?

Do you want to be able to shoot Wolf through it? With todays ammo prices, it's a reasonable question. If so, maybe you should put about a hundred rounds through it to make sure it will run Wolf. Some rifles choke on Wolf ammo. (Absolutely not intended to be a Wolf pro-con judgment, just something to think about if you cannot afford current ammo prices. If anyone wants to discuss Wolf Ammo, good or bad, please start another topic/thread.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think the barrel looks that way due to the angle the pic was shot.
Thnks for the advice guys!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts