AR15 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to shave the top of my FSB off of my carbine length LMT, so I can mount a mid-length FF rail over it(to cover up the cut FSB), and then mount a flip up sight on the rail.

Yes I realize I can just put on a low profile gas block, but I prefer the strength(pinned) of the standard FSB. Anyone know what place can do this for me? I dont have the tools to do it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would imagine any decent machine shop could do it easily. Just don't assume they know exactly what you want.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ADCO

But for $25 or so you could buy a dremel and do it yourself. Or are you talking about somebody doing the install of the FF too ?

ADCO right there in Ohio :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A dremel and an oxide deburring bit can do it. I'd imagine any gunsmith or AR-smith can do it for you for probably close to $25.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's aluminum. Got a hacksaw blade and file you can use? Sure. it will take some time, but slow and careful might be better than fast and OOPS!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ADCO

But for $25 or so you could buy a dremel and do it yourself. Or are you talking about somebody doing the install of the FF too ?

ADCO right there in Ohio :cool:
Oh.... sweetness....:!:
Yes I want them to install the FF as well.

Thanks Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My very-slowly-coming-together LMT build is going to have a Larue rail on it. Yeah, it's a little pricey, but I like it. The built-in QD mount will save me 30 bucks or so on a DD rail mount as well.

The 10.0 or 11.0 would be good for a 16" carbine with shaved FSB...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That....is VERY sick. I think thats what the guy has on the lower AR in the above picture. I'm very afraid however to ask what that runs price wise. LaRue ain't cheap.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
True enough...it is good stuff though. Here are Mark's prices: AR Handguards

The 7.0 I'll be using is listed at $247, it'll be a bit cheaper where I get it and then save 30 on the rail mount and I can't complain too much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I need to shave the top of my FSB off of my carbine length LMT, so I can mount a mid-length FF rail over it(to cover up the cut FSB), and then mount a flip up sight on the rail.

Yes I realize I can just put on a low profile gas block, but I prefer the strength(pinned) of the standard FSB. Anyone know what place can do this for me? I dont have the tools to do it.
Info link sent.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts