AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my kids to Bass Pro tonight to spend some bday cash.

Finally bought my Harris bipod. I have waited about a year to start finishing up my AR and this is one more step. Now I need to get my scope and front flip up sight.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice looking rifle! Your little girls is a cutie too. She looks to be around the same age as my youngest Granddaughter, but my Granddaughter doesn't have the "urban guerrilla" look down yet. Maybe it's the AR. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just noticed she is looking down the sight (no front)...cute
i was waiting for someone to ask what she was looking at... this is the first time for her to get the chance to actually get "in position" and to look through the peep hole. before last night she had no idea what it would look like. i will start doing this with her over the next few months and maybe take her shooting. she asked me how big she has to be to shoot with me and i told her it is about maturity, not age. once she is mature enough to listen to every single thing i say while we are on the range, she can shoot with me... she interrupted me, and i stopped her and said, "that's what i mean. in the time that it took you to interrupt me, you could have shot someone. when you can follow exactly what i say to do with this gun, then we can go shoot." she kind of smirked and said "ok".

she's just not quite there yet, but she will be. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Took my kids to Bass Pro tonight to spend some bday cash.

Finally bought my Harris bipod. I have waited about a year to start finishing up my AR and this is one more step. Now I need to get my scope and front flip up sight.

what kind of FF tube is that one there?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JP Enterprises V-Tac, same guys who make the awesome triggers for ARs. a lot of the snobs at other websites tip their noses at these, i have noticed. i personally love mine.

some people don't like that you twist on the main nut and loctite it in place. you know, the one with the gas tube that goes through it?

i guess they think there is enough torque on the barrel nut while firing to break loctite and then sheer the gas tube... HA! mine is completely stable and you would be hard pressed to get it to move, even with a barrel nut wrench... ask me, i've seen me try it!!!!!!

i think it's the massive amount of felt side to side twist in an AR that makes them worry :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Check out the description, I think you will like it:

"If you look at many of the hand guard systems on the market nowadays, most have permanent rails at the 6:00, 12:00, 3:00 and 9:00positions. Typically, you only need one or two sections of rail, and in many cases, they are best utilized at the 1:30 or 10:30 clock positions, not 9:00 and 3:00. Having to deal with the weight and uncomfortable feel of all these rails where you don't need or want them is not acceptable. These are just another example of products that are designed by people who are not real shooters for customers who just want their gear to look cool and don't actually use it. The V-Tac system allows for complete flexibility. You can use as many rail systems of whatever length makes sense when and where you need them and can forget about rails you don’t need.That's versatility!"

I got it because I wanted a lot of freedom in where I was placing things and I also wanted the ability to have a smooth grip up front without buying those freakin' inserts to fill the holes created by the rails that people buy to place things on, but then have to buy things to fill the holes so they can put a hand where they didn't place something.... sigh... you see how that gets tiresome??????

i have a carbine length gas tube, but opted for the mid length FF tube for greater versatility. did i mention i love it?

if you're near me, you are welcome to take a look at it :)

http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.4.php

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
she must take after her mother cause your to ugly to be her daddy LOL
Nice lookin AR WW and cutie for a daughter also.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
this is also interesting... check out how the standard front sight remains untouched...

that is just perfect i really wish i didnt just buy the houge grip for mine. mine has a rifle length handguard so the sight thing wouldnt apply to me unless they make one that goes past it for the rifle ones. but if they do i bet its made for the 20" and mines only an 18 so the free float tube would most likely go all the way to the end. but i really like how you can add a rail in and it still looks good. i have seen some that look dumb after adding a rail to a round FF

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
how does the Hogue grip fit? by a pic rail or what?

they come in 12.5" Full length, 7" Hand guard for carbine, and 9.125", which is what i got. the 9.125 or the 12.5" will fit your 18", i bet. see if yours has the 12.5" guards. mine is a 16" and you can see how the 9.125" takes up most of it. all you have to figure out is how long yours is and if you want to stick with the same gas block or a low profile one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i've got a pic of my little girl holding my AK, smiling like a possum eatin' Sh**, but ive been afraid to post it for getting flamed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i've got a pic of my little girl holding my AK, smiling like a possum eatin' Sh**, but ive been afraid to post it for getting flamed.
i would like to see it. i think everyone here supports that type of stuff as long as the young ones are being taught proper safety. my daughter's teacher told her class that helping a father clean his guns is dangerous... to which my daughter replied, " Not if you check it make sure it is unloaded first!" with just as much attitude as her Daddy, lol.

if you post it somewhere other than right here, please let me know. as a matter of fact, maybe we should start an official picture thread of our children getting into the sport.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts