AR15 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered the SPOT Mk III 3MOA aimpoint rip-off. I've been reading a bunch of good reviews about it and can't wait to get it. My 1911 should be in Monday or Wednesday and now a new red dot scope!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I had a spot that broke within about 300 rounds.Emailed the importer-it was bought elsewhere,they sent me a new one within a week.Great customer service and a pretty decent red dot.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I've had mine on an AR for over a year now. Works great, reliable, and no problems at all.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Now I need a cheap Buis. YHM has one that doesn't fold down for $40 something, but I think that would be a little distracting. I'll probibly troll AR15.com until I find a used one I like.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
G

·
Discussion Starter #7
I got rid of it. Not because it was bad, but I realized I didn't like the dot sight concept.

It seemed like a well made product. The base was very well made too. I have astigmatism in both eyes giving the red dot a blurred look even with glasses on. Other people who tried it thought it looked clear.

I bought it online, but I can't remember where. I do remember they gave me a better price than I had seen and 2 free batteries for it.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
I'd wager the SPOT, Tasco, Burris, ADCO, all come out of the same factory in Korea. ;) maybe built to different specs, maybe not.

MidwayUSA - ADCO Mirage Tactical Red Dot Sight 30mm Tube 1x 3 MOA Dot with Cantilever 1-Piece Picatinny-Style Mount Matte

Burris 300205 XTS-135 1X - 30mm Tube Matte Xtreme Tactical SpeedDot Sight w/ FREE UPS

I haven't had any problems with my SPOT Mk III, I bought it used a few years ago.

I even had it listed for sale here and had no takers, so back on the AR it went.
I have it mounted in an Aimpoint QRP mount and Aimpoint "bikini cover" on it.

The cantilever mount that came with it "raised" the scope so that the dot is above the FSP, ie a lower 1/3 co-witness. This QRP mount is lower, putting the dot right on top of the FSP, for an absolute co-witness.

old setup with cantilever mount

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
It's ok. Thanks. I'm not into buying name brand stuff. I usually go middle of the road. But I do like buying new when there's a chance of getting a dud.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
I know I asked this in another thread but...

Any of you here have to adjust your SPOT Mk III? Mine is way off to the right.

Manual states that adjusting it will void warranty. Why would they include adjustment caps on these then?

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
I know I asked this in another thread but...

Any of you here have to adjust your SPOT Mk III? Mine is way off to the right.

Manual states that adjusting it will void warranty. Why would they include adjustment caps on these then?
They are probably talking about more invasive adjestments, like cracking it open.

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah you have to adjust it, like with any scope, using the adjustment knobs on the top and the right. I have a SPOT and it works great. I am not sure how good the mount is at holding zero when taking off the site and then putting back on as I have never done that. But otherwise it is a great site.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts