AR15 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I starting my first ar build. I'm getting some mix opinions about magazine . I know magpul makes a great mag but I see so many guys still use USGI. last question is who make usgi mags? if someone could school me in AR mags?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i also ahve a ?

what is the difference between and upper and lower receiver?

I kno I could probably google it, but I figured people here would have a lot of knowledge on the subject.

Id like to get into an AR eventually.

thanks in advance

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i buy Cproduct mags they are cheap and work fine i have about 20 30 round mags and about 10 20 round mags and have not had any problems out of any of them.

if one gets bent up then they are only like $10 and are considered to be USGI

the upper receiver while depicted in the picture above is actually a complete upper the upper receiver is the portion of the upper that mates to the lower and all the other parts are attached to it.

just the same a lower receiver is the bottom portion and it house the LPK (lower parts Kit) and the stock this is actually the only part of the rifle that is considered to be a gun and is required to be transfered Via a FFL all other parts can be shipped directly to your front door.

being as your both new to ARs be sure to know what makes one legal and illegal both by BATFE and state laws each state may have different laws regarding AWS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
why do everyone have a stock pile of mags? do they warp? i would go magpul but its alil to fancy imo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
why do everyone have a stock pile of mags? do they warp? i would go magpul but its alil to fancy imo.
metal ones can dented and the feeding can get affected depending how bad the dent is. Magpul polymers are $15 from some sites so theres not a whole lot of difference in price. Plus if an assaults weapon ban comes youll have a load of high capacity mags to feel good about

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The 10 mags I have, and any future mag purchases, will be in anticipation of any possible high cap mag ban.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I sold all of my USGI style magazines and bought all new Magpul PMags. Polymer doesn't bend, the followers cannot flip twist or pivot in any direction, and they are hands down the toughest magazine available for an AR. Granted i'm just an enthusiast, and as such I have never had a single issue with USGI mags, I just got a wild hair up my rear and sprung for the best products on teh market. Working for a dealer always helps too. lol. PMags wholesale are not but a couple dollars more expensive than the cheapest USGI mags.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mostly in case their is another Ban that limits our ability to purchase mags that hold more than 10 rounds. if they do those of us that have a stock pile will be sitting on a Gold Mine during the last ban Glock standard capacity mags that were like $12 increased to over $100 same with preban AR mags

1 - 16 of 16 Posts