AR15 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys just want to show off my new AR!! not that i dont have one already its just I had this weird urge to get this thing:D I just feel like I want to focus more on rifle shooting this year..here she is DPMS with 16" bull barrel:D yes she looks pretty!!I know..I might put a Scope just becs I feel like scoping this one..the red dot is just a temp. until i get my scope..

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Cool, I got a DPMS 16" bull that is fluted and it's very accurate. You'll want a scope to get every ounce of talent out of it.
I use ARMS #22H quick detach rings with my scope and can switch to iron or another red dot if need be in about 10-15 sec.
Have fun.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
thanks thats what i thought, I had to give one of my 1911 and my cz40b but its okay i have extra 1911:D:Ddont ask me which one becs i dont want to talk about it..I hate losing any of my 1911s but i'm not rich either so..I got a good price on both anyway so it doesn't hurt that bad..
Hey sometimes you just have to do it.
nice rifle

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Nice rifle. :cool:

I am interested in a upper similar to that, but maybe flutted. Let us know how it shoots.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
You're explanation is very simple... You have the disease. Evil Black Rifle Disease.. there is no cure.

Looks like she'll be fun.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Nice looking rifle. Similar to mine. You should look at the super sniper scopes on swfa.com. I have a 10x42 and i like it a lot. Good price too.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
I know where your coming from, but it is beautiful. Just payed for mine and have 8 more days till I get home (been overseas for a few months). I also got a DPMS, 18" Fluted bull in 308. Cant wait to shoot it. All I can do here is look at photos.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Nice looking rifles boys.

I am putting together a rifle piece by piece and it will have a 24" SS fluted DPMS barrel.

Spoolup, it better be snowing in Utah since I am going skiing there next week.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
I was able to try it today and have to say she is one sweet shooter:D:D
I had some problems with the scope but the rifle shoots fine..I can not zero it for the life of me:mad: the scope base was off by a lot so i had to go back to the shoppe and they were nice enough to fix it for me so back to the range tomorrow:D:Dbut she was definetly a fine shooter i was touching each holes on every shot but its just not in the bulls:)

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
Viks, that is sweet. I so cant wait to be able to shoot. What ammo are you using? As Sclace said, we beter have snow, well we have a bit over 4 feet on the ground outside. Luckly for me I missed it all being overseas, but will be there on the 29th to rediscover the joys of driving in it.

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
I have had better luck with the one piece scope bases. Just my input, I'm sure yours will work good after corrected.

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
Vikz, I'm confused about your scope base being off. I don't see a base from your pictures, just the flat top. Do you mean the scope rings?
Am I missing something or did you add a base/riser after taking these pics?

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
yes i mean the scope rings sorry i was not clear, yes it was way off so they fixed it and now the groupings at 25yds are like these:

Vikz, I'm confused about your scope base being off. I don't see a base from your pictures, just the flat top. Do you mean the scope rings?
Am I missing something or did you add a base/riser after taking these pics?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts