AR15 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
my thoughts:

short, which is always good for me, unless i'm trying to snipe somethin ;)

monolithic rails are supposedly like a new wave of the future, i would get one if i hadn't just bought mine and not fired it much yet.

forged charging handle: for this high-boost, high torque charges ;)

sounds alright if you dont have a problem getting NFA approval. *thumbs up*

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds alright if you dont have a problem getting NFA approval. *thumbs up*
pasted from website...
"KX3 Flash Suppressor Permanently installed for 16.1" OAL"

;) (if the pig is permanently installed there is no need for NFA tax stamp)
wonder why they add this......?

All NFA Regulations apply. Please check your local and state laws before ordering.
Contact your local ATF Field Office with any NFA questions you may have.

This is a complete upper, test fired, and ready to be installed on your complete NFA registered lower.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if i had the money i would get one. i would love a machine gun barrel on a semi auto just for the hell of it.. but right now i have much more things i need to get.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I prefer that model but I'm not tied down to it but I something out of the Noveske camp. I've read LOTS of good stuff.. really good QC, accuracy, etc..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
16.1 over all length isn't the length of the barrel, you better make sure you can get the stamp before getting the upper, or your just wasting money. If you can go for it (I think a short barrelled 5.56 is worthless but to each his own)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As long as the flash suppressor is permanently attached, it's counted as part of the barrel. It's fine here in Texas. As long as overall it's 16".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really like this upper..
http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bi...137vis556&cat=57&page=1&search=&since=&status=

Your thoughts on this? I hear alot of good things about Noveske and his barrels.

I tried pricing one out piece by piece and it ended up pretty close in price (MSRP of Noveske). I'm sure I can find this online cheaper.
I have this same upper only non-mono with the permanently attached pig. Best upper I have owned, shoots like a dream. Noveske is top notch but it'll cost ya. I don't regret my purchase but it will be one of a kind for me. Also keep in mind the wait for most of Noveske stuff is 12-14 weeks mininum if it's not already on the shelf (usually it ain't) but IMHO it's quality worth waiting for.The pig is a flash suppressor and when permanently mounted to barrel (welded) is considered part of the barrel thus making the length legal (16" oal in Minnesota) without NFA approval. (dang namit Texas beat me to the punch):)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
His barrels are awesome. Built from M249 stock w/ twice the thickness of chrome lining. A hard use item. Supposed to be the best.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think the looks are a bit awkward with the KFX out there at the tip of the barrel, but if you like it then good for you! I just found out that my 7.5" upper is shipping tomorrow, so as soon as it gets here I'll order a Noveske KFX to go with it. They say it works wonders with muzzle flash on shorty barrels.

If it were me and I wasn't going SBR I'd just have them build it with a 16" barrel and put a regular flash hider on it. Cheaper, more velocity and basically no increase in overall length.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts