AR15 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so after reading all of the forums about Ar-15 and how you should but them and what you should buy I finally went down to the closest gun store with a lower receiver for sale (50 miles away:roll:) and bought a stag lower receiver:mrgreen: for an Ar-15. I have to wait ten days before I can pick it up. So that’s where you guys come in now that I have a lower receiver where do I go next, ive heard del-ton has the best kits but then I saw ar15sales had a stag kit any ways im just looking for some input on where to go next now that I have a lower. Thanks for all your help and opinions they are much appreciated.:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my first build was an all stag build! i have yet to see any problems with it! so yeah, i'd say go for the stag kit if you want it! Del-Ton, Stag, CMMG, DPMS, etc. etc. they're all pretty comparable as far as a standard lower parts kit goes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a little chart I put together for a buddy to get started. I posted it over at ar15.com a couple days ago.

It is not inclusive of everything but might get you going in the right direction. There are lots of other variations and other companies. Most of these guys sell the same parts. Barrels are all either Wilson or E.R.Shaw.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just built my first AR last weekend. CMMG lower from a local dealer, and A3 upper kit from Model 1. I only have about 60 rounds through it so far, but so far it has functioned flawlessly.

I can't think of anything bad to say about model 1. Good value, and quick delivery.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just got done putting together my first lower, stag with a stag lpk. after shooting the pivot pin detent across the room i was pleased to find they put an extra one in the bag.:p get ready to spend some money because you can't stop with just one and you have to change something on all of them

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just got done putting together my first lower, stag with a stag lpk. after shooting the pivot pin detent across the room i was pleased to find they put an extra one in the bag.:p get ready to spend some money because you can't stop with just one and you have to change something on all of them

I hope your lower is already competed then, because, I have never heard of a lower parts kit with two pivot pin detents. There is two, but one is for the selector switch (it is identical to the pivot pin detent). I hope you were just lucky! ;-)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gimp,

I bought that same Stag kit from AR15sales.com and put it on a Stag lower; I couldn't be happier with it. It's been very reliable and pretty darn accurate for me. The finish is great, the service was great, and it shipped right away! I highly recommend Pete (the ar15sales guy). :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have put together and sold at least 15 Stag lowers with out a hitch. Del-ton has some pretty good deals as well.Yes it is hard to stop after just 1 build.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i ordered the stag kit from ar15sale.com:grin::grin:, now in trying to find that video that i saw earlyer that showed how to put it all together. Ive been searching all day no luck so fare:(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts