AR15 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The stickied forums on ar15.com are good. There is actually a good video up on that site that is a complete walkthrough of assembling a lower.

I know sometimes they can be a little testy over there but the stickied info is really good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
+1 ar15.com has some good stuff...just dont pay attention to some of their ramblings the stickies are good info

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well if your are active duty still, just find a spec ops guy and become buddies, and get him to show ya. a good one does own gunsmithing work and sleeps with his guns!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The stickied link I used is below. I printed off my parts list and laid each part out on it and then just followed the video to assemble the lower.

I know there is info about assembling the upper too but I didn't get into that.
AR15.COM :: Forums :: Assemble your own LOWER, UPPER, FREE FLOAT, TRIGGER, GAS BLOCK - Step by step instructions!
That's a good link. I used that link for reference to build the lower. I only built 2 lowers and installed 2 barrels, so I am no where near an AR expert. First time took about 2 hours as I was messin around with reading instructinos and such... 2nd time only took about 15 minutes.

That's the beauty of AR's, everything about them are so dam easy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The stickied link I used is below. I printed off my parts list and laid each part out on it and then just followed the video to assemble the lower.

I know there is info about assembling the upper too but I didn't get into that.
AR15.COM :: Forums :: Assemble your own LOWER, UPPER, FREE FLOAT, TRIGGER, GAS BLOCK - Step by step instructions!
Good site.. i used that for my lower.. but how do i put in the selector switch... i didnt see any steps for that on this link...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well if your are active duty still, just find a spec ops guy and become buddies, and get him to show ya. a good one does own gunsmithing work and sleeps with his guns!!
Every Marine I was stationed with had to sleep with his WEAPON on deployment, and if your Active duty, just go visit the gun bunnys in the armory. If you are AD or just prior military, thank you for serving your country.

With a few tools (some specialized ones), ziplock bags and a bit of mechanical knowledge almost anyone can assemeble a AR, but for safety sakes, if ANY doubts, please seek help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts