AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get done plinking with my RRA this morning and I start packing up when this old guy (~70+) is just getting there. He starts setting up next to me and I realize he's got an AR also.
So I say, "Nice looking rifle ya got there. What make is it?"
He says, "It's a Bushmaster."
"Ah, very nice," I respond.
"Yours a Bushmaster too?" he asked.
"No, RRA," I say with a smile.
"Oh, well I decided to splurge." He says to me like my rifle is somehow below Bushmaster on the AR scale.
Without missing a beat I responded, "Me too."
I'm thinking 'what a cocky old fart.'

I like Bushmasters. I was considering one before I got my RRA. But there is no way that Bushmaster is any higher quality than a RRA.

Your thoughts?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
an ar is an ar to me. im a little on the poor side so if i got one its good enough for me. mine and my dads are built from kits, and im damn proud to shoot high power matches with my 600 dollar AR even though everone else has a bushmaster or whatever. when we start comparing prices im more that proud to say that my rifle was 600 dollars cheaper and work just as good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
O man. you have a Rock river. I thought it was a Bushmaster.
Maybe you can get the better one next time.

:p:p:p:p:p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe by stating "I decided to splurge" he meant either that he wanted to pay more for a Bushmaster because of the name, or just that he "splurged" by buying an AR period. I have both, and others. I really like my Rock better than all of the others. That is just my opinion though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
an ar is an ar to me. im a little on the poor side so if i got one its good enough for me. mine and my dads are built from kits, and im damn proud to shoot high power matches with my 600 dollar AR even though everone else has a bushmaster or whatever. when we start comparing prices im more that proud to say that my rifle was 600 dollars cheaper and work just as good.
I agree wholeheartedly.

O man. you have a Rock river. I thought it was a Bushmaster.
Maybe you can get the better one next time.

:p:p:p:p:p
Yeah, I usually put electrical tape over the RRA markings when I'm at the range out of embarrassment...;)

Maybe by stating "I decided to splurge" he meant either that he wanted to pay more for a Bushmaster because of the name, or just that he "splurged" by buying an AR period. I have both, and others. I really like my Rock better than all of the others. That is just my opinion though.
Unfortunately, he was definitely being condescending.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I own a couple of Colts and several Bushmasters. I like them both about the same. I have shot RRAs before and find them to be very nice ARs and are equal to the Bushmaster and even the Colts. I am sure I'll get flamed for that remark but in my opinion, its true.

You are always going to run into people like that which is a shame but just hit the disregard switch........you have a very good AR.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bushmaster - heard they were good by some and bad by few.

RRA - never heard anything bad about them.

Olympic - heard some play the snob card to them but have seen them up close at the factory near my house and they look sweet.

STAG / SW:M+P - Heard they were good by many and bad by few.

Colt - Heard they are good but incorporated some bad design features in their new ones

FN - Brother at Ft Lewis loves his M4. Says his never jam ... which is a shock cause I thought all AR's abused in the sandbox jammed under harsh conditions. He wants a Olympic to bring home for home use cause he said they make one very close to the M4 style he uses at work. That would be good if I got one cause then I'd have a armorer near by and on tap.

I can't be a snob in the AR field cause I don't have one yet.

I am kind of snob in the pistol field but I am not a Glock, SIG, HK snob cause I can't afford them (can't seem to get the wallet out of my pocket for them) yet.

If I see someone shooting an RG (Rotten Gun) or Hi Point I snicker to myself, I can't help it.

(I know, I'm going to hell for that one. Maybe it is all he can afford? Maybe his works? Maybe his hand likes $54 pistols?)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the way i see it is a gun is only as good as the person firing it, my AR is a frankenstein gun and i have had zero problems with it, other that the cheap detachable carry handle coming loose

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your thoughts?
well, i had a very similar situation a week ago, but i got the last laugh. i was shooting at my local range with my dad and the RO was a Glockahlic. fine by me, i respect Glock for their contribution to the firearm world and i get that they are a pretty good firearm. this guy, however, thinks they are the be-all end-all of guns. so every few mags while i am reloading he comes by to tell me how his Glock is so superior to my Kimber Warrior. again, fine by me, you know what they say about opinions. i am not a 1911 snob, i love my 1911s but i also love my XDs and even my cheap little Ruger P94. so after about an hour of shooting, he asks if he can shoot my Kimber... now why would one want to shoot such an inferior piece of equipment? so, i let him.

he empties the mag, terrible shot by the way, just launching rounds wherever the hell... he clears it, sets it down and turns around with the biggest sh^%-eatin' grin on his face and says, "she sure does shoot nice"...

i didn't say a word... :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
funny when I go to the range and bs with anyone the first thing I say is nice rifle hows it shoot.:D
I shoot on the range at ft hood so not to many turkeys there as they can't get through the front gate.;)
the only reason I bought a colt H-bar ar is it is only going to go up in price if I decide to sell it later.
pete

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Personally I buy the cheapest receiver I can get and Float a good barrel and install a great trigger. Everything else is just parts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Maybe by stating "I decided to splurge" he meant either that he wanted to pay more for a Bushmaster because of the name, or just that he "splurged" by buying an AR period.
Unless he was acting like a crotchity old coot, I'll go with the explaination in bold.

An AR is an AR. AR owners are all brothers from different mothers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The FFL that transferred my Stag lower had never heard of Stag or CMT. He sold Bushmaster which I would have loved to have or RRA, but I saved at least $150 -200 on the Stag.

Yoou should here how some just HATE the Stag rollmark:rolleyes: Some how a deer head instead of a pony or snake makes it inferior.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts