AR15 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my AR, I have a FF railed handguard. I am curious if I can mount my optics to without any accuracy problems. Anyone know? I am thinking I should be able to since the rail is mounted to the upper receiver, but not sure. Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I have a riser rail that raises the rail .75". Would it be better to get rings and mount to this or just buy a mount like the CAA mount which is a one piece? I know the CAA mount is cheap, but I would like to be able to use the scope while I save up for a Larue or something like it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which FF rail did you use? Pictures?

Armalite has a 1 piece mount that is in the $60-75 range that is pretty damn solid and is a great mid step to the bigger named mounts. They also hold their resale value pretty well so you wouldn't be tossing money away.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the MI 2 piece FF. Seems very strong. I am going to wait until the Millett comes before I pick a mount. I may just get some good rings to mount it. I am not sure yet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the MI 2 piece FF. Seems very strong. I am going to wait until the Millett comes before I pick a mount. I may just get some good rings to mount it. I am not sure yet.
I tried rings with my DMS-1 and they didn't get it far enough forward. I ended-up with the Model1Sales mount, and it works out perfectly for both eye-relief and height.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Armalite mount, very similar to what Hooz has (if not just re-branded by both) will do the job, and I wouldn't be too concerned with the MI rail because it's monolithic and as long as you installed it right (leveled / trued against the upper) then yeah, drive on, it shouldn't have any issue.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Armalite mount, very similar to what Hooz has (if not just re-branded by both) will do the job, and I wouldn't be too concerned with the MI rail because it's monolithic and as long as you installed it right (leveled / trued against the upper) then yeah, drive on, it shouldn't have any issue.
That's what I was thinking, I can just mount it farther forward with rings or what not until I can get a Larue or AD mount.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just get the Armalite or the cheapo CAA if you're really saving for a better one... the CAA I wouldn't want on there for the longer term. Then again it isn't my money :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The YHM 5" rail extension and Warne QD rings were $60 total, and allowed for proper eye relief with room to move on the DMS-1.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Warne Rings were $49 from Midway. I got the YHM Rail Extension used for $15. (just looked up their retail and its $33)

So edit: $85 retail for the combo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts