AR15 Forums banner

Optics Question

2K views 19 replies 0 participants last post by  The Knight Of Light 
G
#1 ·
G
#7 ·
The Cmore looks really nice. What MOA do you suggest? What's the difference between the "standard switch" and the "click switch"?

Their floating rails look great to. I might try those. Great price on the rails. Thanks.
I like a 4MOA for a rifle especially if it will be close to the eye. Some like a 6MOA for faster target acquisition. The click switch give more positive on-off and the regular give more control over the brightness of the dot. If you get one don't forget to check out some of the cool add-ons from Arredondo.

G
#8 ·
I like a 4MOA for a rifle especially if it will be close to the eye. Some like a 6MOA for faster target acquisition. The click switch give more positive on-off and the regular give more control over the brightness of the dot. If you get one don't forget to check out some of the cool add-ons from Arredondo.

I take it that you like the Cmore better than the Eotech? It's seems to have less of the barrel effect and a better field of view than the EO. Thanks for the info.

G
#9 ·
I take it that you like the Cmore better than the Eotech? It's seems to have less of the barrel effect and a better field of view than the EO. Thanks for the info.
Actually for the money I like the Aimpoint, simple effective and tough. ACOGs too. I have a CMore because it is what is on my Open gun. If I could find a CMore cheap I would put it on a rifle.

You had asked for what was close to the sight you had shown in the picture. The CMore and OKO are the closest that are the best quality. They aren't the toughest sights as it is made of plastic vs the EOtechs armored outer shell or the Aimpoint's Aluminum body. The OKO is made of Aluminum and just as expensive as the CMore but is just a tad tougher.

The CMore has the ability to change the dot module to a different size.

G
#10 ·
I used to have the C-more "tactical" model (It's a C-more with built on Irons) that I never really cared for.

Parts of the C-More assy would protude into the field of view of the arpeture and the rear sight elevation wouldn't click below 8/3 which kinda cheesed me. Can't set the damn thing for 200 yards if it won't go 8/3 minus 2.

Other than the backups the rest of the sight performed as advertised but it's just a red dot not much to screw up on.

G
#11 ·
Actually for the money I like the Aimpoint, simple effective and tough. ACOGs too. I have a CMore because it is what is on my Open gun. If I could find a CMore cheap I would put it on a rifle.

You had asked for what was close to the sight you had shown in the picture. The CMore and OKO are the closest that are the best quality. They aren't the toughest sights as it is made of plastic vs the EOtechs armored outer shell or the Aimpoint's Aluminum body. The OKO is made of Aluminum and just as expensive as the CMore but is just a tad tougher.

The CMore has the ability to change the dot module to a different size.

I have a few EOtechs and well just got the finishing touch in the mail for my original AR, a Larue FTS and 3x magnifier. A really nice setup, multi use, and easily switched around.

This photo is a little dark, sorry. Still trying to figure out the camera.

G
#13 ·
while i havent played with an EOTech, it seems like the two are virtually identical .... a friend has one on a shotgun and likes it so much he wouldnt stop talking about the darn thing for at least a week after he got it.
The older designed Holosight is identical to the EOTech. Point in fact EOTech made them for Bushnell. Then EOTech was smart and took off on their own.

G
#17 ·
so now that theres some more differentiation between the two, at least in name, whats the difference in the sights themselves (besides the name on the side)?
The metal "hood" on the EOTech is the only difference. And EOTech offers more models (different battery types, nightvision capability, etc).

G
#18 ·
The metal "hood" on the EOTech is the only difference. And EOTech offers more models (different battery types, nightvision capability, etc).

The "hood", water proofing and internal insulation to make the unit more shock resistant. Also the option of Night vision compatible models. The EOTech model will be more robust and take a greater amount of abuse.

Now for the average Joe, the Bushnell's will be more than fine.

G
#19 ·
I have both an EOTech (553) and a C-More. THe EOtech is a superior product, but for the money the C-more (I get it for under $200) is a good site and a good value.

EOTech on my AR:

C-More on my FS2000:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.