AR15 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a complete DPMS lower, & thinking of getting a 16" Dissipater upper to go on top. I like the idea of a 16" bbl with a sight radius of a 20. Probably going to take front post off & go with flip up front & back.
Anyone have any feedback on 16" Disp?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I got one and like it a lot, even though I wish I had a flattop! When I bought it they were hard to find due to the war-shorter barrels in high demand!
but what you said about full sight radius was anopther reason I got it.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't looked to hard, but where are you guys finding the Dissipater uppers with a flattop?

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Got the upper in & put together. Nice tight fit. Everything works great. But now I've got the addiction. Can't stop checking out all the acc & mods for AR's. I plan on buying a stripped lower in the next couple of months & starting on the next.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Trying to post a pic, but I'm doing something wrong.

Loaded pics to photobucket, copied IMG code, clicked on the little mtn pic box thing, pated it & nothing. What am I doing wrong?

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
My first build was a DPMS 16in Flat top Dissipator. It runs great!
I made it as kind of an A1 tribute with A1 handguards and and a
A1 stock. I also added a three prong FH to complete the style.
I know, it doesn't exist without pics. I'll try to get some up next week.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
I think my next one will be a dissapator. I will miss being able to mount a bayonet though :(

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
your picture should be

Without the enters in between. If you click on the PB link and straight copy it into the text here, it should work. If you use the PB link and then use an image host here, it'll probably double tag it.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
I love long sight radii and short barrels... my next one might be a dissipator...

Or at least one of the faux-dissipators that CMMG makes with the midlength gas block under the handguards:

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Well here she is. Finally got to shoot her last wknd, worked just fine. Even talked my wife into taking a couple shots! Now that I got the addiction I plan on getting a stripped lower within the next few mos & start on another.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts