AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i HIGHLY recommend the magpul p-mags they are great. i will never buy a different mag unless its under $10 with the magpul anti-tilt follower and even then i might not buy it. since for an extra $5 you get IMO one of the best mags made
i buy my pmags at my local impact guns for 14.99

here is magpuls sight
i ordered mine on a monday night and got it on thursday the same week!!
30 rnd Standard PMAG [MAG211] - $14.95 : ++ Magpul Industries ++

here is some tests of the mag
YouTube - Magpul PMag versus a Chevy Truck

heres one they shot then used it
YouTube - P-Mag Test

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i would buy the ones with the new magpul (grey or orange) anti tilt. the really are much more reliable then the regular green ones, at least in my experience

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am one that never really have issues with AR mags, for the most part that is. I have bad ones here and there, but AR mags are so cheap these days I don't really stress over bad mags anymore. The weird part is my cheapest mags (C-Products) have never had any problems.

+1 on 44Mag. His everyday price of C-Product mags come with Magpul followers and only go for $9.99. Orders over $100 gets free shipping. I really love the magpul followers. Even my bad mags will be good again when I swap out the follower with Magpul no-tilt followers. Magpul followers can be a band-aid to aid in feeding for mags with weak springs.

I tried P-mags and to me they are kinda overprice for what they do. Hell if a mag works, why pay more?

HK steel mags go for $60 and are considered the most reliable and rugged AR mags. But I have found a $14 shortcut that is probably just as good. Get the British GI Steel mags, and put magpul followers in them! :p These mags go for $12 at CDNN. The magpul followers go for $2 each, $6 per 3 pack.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll second 44mag. Just picked up some C products aluminum mags with magpull followers. Just under $10 each. If I recall I got free shipping with $100 purchase. Come to think of it I bought 11 mags to get over $100. It was either spend the money on the mag or shipping.

J

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I get mine from the clothing exchange. 9.05 a pop. If you have any family in the military see if they can pick some up for ya.

The USGI mags work for me also but after using a PMAG I'm tempted to replace all of my GIs with PMAGs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Another +1 for magpul Pmags. Granted, I too have never had any isues with my GI tin mags but the Pmags cost about the same for me as any other tin mag at my shop. So I sold 10 used tin mags and bought 8 pmags for what I got out of it. Get on youtube and watch magpul put their mags to the test against every other style of mag out there. They really are the best.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I second the AR Stoner mags from Midway. Even before (and I assume after) the sale, the most I still paid was 12.99 for the ones with the green follower.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
+1 on Wholesale AR15 Magazines at 44MAG.com

I have C Products with MagPul anti-tilt and they are great! I'd buy more from 44mag.
I have HK Mags. Great product, but expensive. Think "Ferarri" of the AR mag world. Necessary? No, but nice to have.
I Asian manufactured steel AR mags with 1st Gen MagPul anti-tilt. Putting in the anti-tilt was a b*tch. Once in they work great.

I'm going to try a PMag next, but I think that they'll end up like my HK mags. Nice but not necessary for the price.

Also, since the original concept behind the aluminum mags was that they are disposable, I think I'm going to start buying steel mags. Steel mags should be less likely to damage the feed lips when dropping free.

Hardwarz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The weird part is my cheapest mags (C-Products) have never had any problems.
+1 to that. CProducts are the best GI style aluminum mag I have bought. The next mags I buy will be PMags, but I would have no problem buying CProducts again, especially under threat of a high cap mag ban.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts