AR15 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been lurking around these AR forums, as well as others.

im planning to pickup and semi-build an AR in the near future.

http://rockriverarms.com/item-detai...age=uela407.gif&CFID=6521428&CFTOKEN=65465749

the above upper half is $544.50 shipped +$380 for the complete lower half with 2-stage trigger, and 6-position stock.

total: $924.50 ish(trying to include FFL fees and misc)

or

should i go with what my local gun stores have?

Bushmaster, complete mid-length A2's for $860 ish +tax and $5 background check.

my plans for the AR are nothing crazy...pretty much add a nice grip, a 6-position stock, 4 rail free floating hand guard, front grip, a nice sight up top, and a few magazines(maybe a porch light for the zombies at night)

the RRA is very close to being ready for add ons, but it is allready $100ish more and i dont know much about the name.

Bushmaster has a good reputation, but i would have to replace alot more on the Bushmaster A2 to get it to the point i want it.

what would you do?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it was definatley Bushmaster..it was at cabela's and gander mountain...i looked at the same bushmaster A2 at both stores.

it is very likely that it wasnt a mid-length...im new and still dont know much about the parts, or diffrences between diffrent model's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes, i know alot of people own them, but it seems bushmaster gets recommended alot more than RRA does.

i personally like the RRA and think it would be a better choice for my build plans...it will be a range and "out at the cabin" gun

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Double Star makes a good product lowers run about 220 complete and a non chrome lined flattop upper for about 400 complete 500 for chrome lined and you can use "Under the Gun" accessories they make a decend quad rail for $70.00car or 120.00 full length I just built my frist ar using these items and can put 2 bullets on top of each other at 50 yards using a leapers "elcheapo" red dot sight UTG stuff is made in China but it works rather well not to mention the price is nice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dunno about where you live, but $380 is a little stiff for a complete lower...

I paid $237 out the door for my complete lower (w/ 6 position stock). Granted, it doesnt have the trigger you want. Still, you can get the RRA two-stage trigger for less than $100, so I'd say anything more than $250 is a bit much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dunno about where you live, but $380 is a little stiff for a complete lower...

I paid $237 out the door for my complete lower (w/ 6 position stock). Granted, it doesnt have the trigger you want. Still, you can get the RRA two-stage trigger for less than $100, so I'd say anything more than $250 is a bit much.
its actually about $320 shipped for a RRA complete lower with 6-posotion stock and 2 stage trigger installed

i said $380 to incluide FFL fees and illinois backround check fee's...RRA is having a sale on everything right now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
+1 for RRA.

I'd get a complete factory rifle if it was my first one (and I did); but that's just me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts