AR15 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some PMags because I wanted to see what all the hype was about. I must say they are pretty nice! Not sure if I trust them enough (yet) to drop one fully loaded up on concrete. They are pretty cool and the DT matches my furniture so it is pretty cool. I may be able to get some pics up later tonight.

They have to be cool since they are made by Magpul!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'llbe getting my order in here soon- everyone loves them so might as well sale them I suppose. From everything I've heard they're great.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YouTube - PMAG TEST

YouTube - P-Mag Test

Those are just two of the many pmag test vids floating around. I too am iffy about switching but I have one on the way to try it out and see what happens. It's hard to change from the cheap 9 buck USGI mags to the 5 dollar more PMAG.......at least for me cause I'm a cheap bastage.

If I come to like this PMAG a lot I'll sell all of my USGI mags ans switch to PMAGS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have three PMAG and they work well in my RRA. I am looking forward to the new 20rd PMAG. In competition I have found that the straight 20rd magazines seats easier and more reliably for me than the curved 30's. So if I can I start a stage with 30rd in the gun and reload with a 20 assuming that will finish the stage, that's what I do.

mcb

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah they are, if you look on Magpul's '08 catalog they are shown in there. Hopefully they will be out within a few months but who knows...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have a few, and i would trust my pmags over any metal mag :mrgreen:. I just like how easy they are to load and unload, very smooth. I haven't tried to drop or throw one yet. i would like to but they are 15 bucks each. i'm sure they would take a nice drop.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm getting a free one I won last night. Maybe I will sacrifce it to the tortue test gods. Though IMO there has been enough youtube and google vids to show how tough they are. Though I don't remember anyone ever throwing a loaded one on the ground or anything.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm getting a free one I won last night. Maybe I will sacrifce it to the tortue test gods. Though IMO there has been enough youtube and google vids to show how tough they are. Though I don't remember anyone ever throwing a loaded one on the ground or anything.
I have no way to make vids 'cause I broke my camera, but I ran over a full PMAG a few weeks ago on accident. :roll: I was in my Duramax (~7000lbs) and no damage was done to the mag. I've thrown one too, no damage there either. PMAGs are good to go in my book. :mrgreen:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, they're good. I was skeptical at first but I bought one to test and now I have 4. The follower setup is awesome, truly anti-tilt. I'll be picking up more over the summer.

I'd stick with the originals, the maglevel window seems like a gimmick and I've seen photos of the window busted out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a couple with and without the window. I still think they're a very well made magazine.

Of the two, I prefer the windowless also. Honestly once the mag is inserted, and you start to empty it out, you'll only see the first 9 rounds or so dissappear. Anything beyond that is still no better off than not having a window at all.

And I think the window is pretty flimsy looking also, though I've had no problem with it.

I guess I just have more confidence in the windowless and it doesn't hurt that it's cheaper too.;)

I saw a couple prototypes floating around of a smoked magazine from stickman before the Pmags were released and it would be more useful for counting bullets than the widowed version in my humble opinion.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Trust em' Matt .. they're well proven by more than our own diehards :)

Windows ones do indicate all 30 rnds, you just have to want the follower marker.. I've got 20 of my own.. 5 of which are windowed. I think my metal mags might be just getting stashed for just in case. The PMags are the to be used all the time mags :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts