AR15 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Post ban Bushmaster upper with a 14.5 inch M4 1/9 barrel with a y-comp muzzle brake threaded and pinned on to it. Now that 2004 is gone, my state is free again. My question is, Is there a way of econically taking off the muzzle brake and installing a Phantom flash hider or such?

Personally, I'm a bigger fan of 16 inch barrels because my state is a NoNfa local. Is there any demand for post ban barrels like mine? I'd love to sell it or trade for the same thing in 16 inch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm not sure if there is a market for p.b. barrels...check the EE on ARF.COM.
I know I sent my upper to J&T Distributing and they removed the pinned muzzle brake from my during-ban upper and installed an A2 birdcage flash hider for less than $50 IIRC.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I'm not mistaken anything under 16" is considered a SBR (short barreled rifle) and requires some sort of special transfer, or that you be in the military or law enforcement. I could be wrong though!:confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I'm not mistaken anything under 16" is considered a SBR (short barreled rifle) and requires some sort of special transfer, or that you be in the military or law enforcement. I could be wrong though!:confused:
yes true, but a 14.5" barrel with a permanent extended length muzzle device will bring the barrel length to just over 16". Examples are the YHM Phantoms, Sabre Defense extended A2, Vortex.......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your barrel has value in NY as we still have an assault weapons ban in force. The bayonet lug and threaded flash suppressor are no-nos. Advertise it in a gun publication that is distributed in NY or target e-advertising to New Yorkers.
:cool::cool::cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure if there is a market for p.b. barrels...check the EE on ARF.COM.
I know I sent my upper to J&T Distributing and they removed the pinned muzzle brake from my during-ban upper and installed an A2 birdcage flash hider for less than $50 IIRC.
Thanks, I just called JT Distributing/Double Star this morning and spoke to Gary. The $45 price is still active. I'm shipping my upper out tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts